[SOLVED] I can't factory reset HTC Desire 610

_Leon_

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello,

this is my dad's phone and it started rebooting by itself. When phone boots you can use it for 30 seconds and then it reboots again. I tried to factory reset from settings but nothing happens when I press ok on the last menu. So i tried opening menu when phone is booting (power button + volume down) and selecting factory reset with power button. Phone then showes red triangle with exclamation mark. After 2 minutes phone reboots itself without doing factory reset.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Does it have a removable battery?
If so, take it out, then put it back in and try to turn it on.

If that doesn't work, take the battery out and leave it out, but plug a USB cable for power into the phone and try that (possible the battery is effed)

If no removable battery, then just plug it into power and see if you can get it to work while plugged in (again, because battery could possibly be effed)

If that doesn't work, then leave it alone unplugged with it booting and rebooting on it's own (or manually doing it yourself) until the battery gets drained then plug it in and let it charge enough to try turning it on again.

If none of that works, then your last hope is to take it to a phone repair place and see if they can help.

Outside of all that, and nothing works, the phone is a goner.