[SOLVED] I can't figure how to connect the fan hub

eugsousa

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
I don't know if I'm posting in the wrong category since it's my first time posting here, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place.
So I recently bought a Nox infinity neon case (Spanish brand) that comes with a fan hub. It has "PC PWM DATE" connector, which i think must connect to a pwm header on the motherboard (I'm using a gigabyte b450 aorus pro). The problem is that the cable that came with the ub connected to the PWM connector has one of the holes covered, and i don't know where to connect it and don't want to risk connecting it to the wrong place and messing up somehow. I'll leave a few pictures of the hardware so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you in advance for your help.

http://imgur.com/gallery/EruE7MD

Solution
I just found out these cases are branded as Gamemax outside the Iberian Peninsula, so i was able to figure out that this cable is actually for LED sync and not PWM! Thanks for your help anyway, and sorry for bothering :D

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Looks like a standard 3 pin connector from what I can see (reading on my phone and not a clear image). You plug it into the sys fan header on the mobo. However, as its 3 pin you wont be able to control the speed. It will always run your fans at the same speed (high).

EDIT: Covered hole or just "Empty"?

eugsousa

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

It is covered, not just empty.That's what's buzzing me, since it won't fit on a sys_fan header that way.

eugsousa

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
I just found out these cases are branded as Gamemax outside the Iberian Peninsula, so i was able to figure out that this cable is actually for LED sync and not PWM! Thanks for your help anyway, and sorry for bothering :D

Solution