Question I cant find ptt or tpm in bios help

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Hey guys so i was searching of how to upgrade to windows 11 , i went to windows update and said my pc doesnt meet the requirements for windows 11 , i searched more , and i saw that u neeed to enable ptt or tpm in bios , on pch fw configuration , i went to bios and i couldnt find anything related to this , does anyone know how to enable it ? Thanks , bios is latest

Spec cpu i7 6700k
Gtx 970
Windows 10 home
Mobo z170 pro gaming
16 fb ram

Hey guys so i was searching of how to upgrade to windows 11 , i went to windows update and said my pc doesnt meet the requirements for windows 11 , i searched more , and i saw that u neeed to enable ptt or tpm in bios , on pch fw configuration , i went to bios and i couldnt find anything related to this , does anyone know how to enable it ? Thanks , bios is latest

Spec cpu i7 6700k
Gtx 970
Windows 10 home
Mobo z170 pro gaming
16 fb ram
You would need to install a TPM chip. Refer to page 1-20 of your manual.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
TPM has been around for years, but at the time of inception was pretty much regulated to Government or Healthcare operations, not the general public. As such, there weren't all that many boards with a TPM header or capability, as it simply wasn't necessary.

And then online multi-player games like CSGO, Fortnite, and most of the other FPS shooter games really took off, and with that came the cheaters, necessitating 'cheater fixes' multiple times, which had a net affect of trashing the games, destroying fps, creating more bugs than the original release had.

So Microsoft in conjunction with mobo vendors and cpu manufacturers implemented TPM2.0 as part of Windows 11 requirements, a Universal 'cheater fix' in order to make everyone happy. No point in playing a game where to win you need kill all the enemy, except all the enemy are cheating with 'God Mode'.

All that came Way after your motherboard and cpu, but you can still implement TPM1.0, it just requires the specific module that fits the specific TPM header on your mobo.

Either that or stick with Win10 until such time as you need to replace the pc, and forget about using TPM as such.