Question I can't format or change anything on my SSD ?

Vongola_rain

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2013
I have tried formatting it from windows and partition wizard, both said successfully formatted my drive but the files always came back. deleting the files and adding some files into the drive also won't change anything, it always gets back to the previous state.

I made a gif of me trying to format it
gif

I have tried formatting it from windows and partition wizard, both said successfully formatted my drive but the files always came back. deleting the files and adding some files into the drive also won't change anything, it always gets back to the previous state.

gif
Random thoughts: what happens if you open up Disk Management or Partition Wizard and Delete all of the partitions on that drive? Where did these files originally come from and are they being restored by some outside program or One Drive? Is this a fairly clean windows installation or could it be compromised by some outside malware? You could run an sfc /scannow to see if your windows is damaged.

Vongola_rain

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2013
Random thoughts: what happens if you open up Disk Management or Partition Wizard and Delete all of the partitions on that drive? Where did these files originally come from and are they being restored by some outside program or One Drive? Is this a fairly clean windows installation or could it be compromised by some outside malware? You could run an sfc /scannow to see if your windows is damaged.

ok before this happened, the SSD (i forgot to mention in that gif the SSD is drive F: and the other partitions are coming from another HDD) was originally from my old laptop. it contained windows 10 with 2 partitions. i took it, deleted the partition, and reformat it as NTFS because i want to use it as external storage, everything went well, i moved some files and played some movies on it with no issue, until tomorrow. deleting all partitions on this drive changes nothing. the files are actually coming from me and my one drive is inactive, i don't think there is any other outside program restoring it as well. will try that sfc/scannow, thanks for your suggestions

gif
Don't just format it as it had windows on it, use some external, preferably bootable program to delete all the partitions on it as windows installation typically makes 3-4 partitions not visible from OS.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/gparted_live.html

Reactions: dwd999

Vongola_rain

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2013
update: sfc /scannow found nothing wrong on my drives

Don't just format it as it had windows on it, use some external, preferably bootable program to delete all the partitions on it as windows installation typically makes 3-4 partitions not visible from OS.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/gparted_live.html
it doesn't have windows on it. great will check that program

Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window.
Disk Management

What model SSD?
Is it internal? external?
Midasforce 120GB Super Lightning internal SSD, but I'm using it as an external with enclosure

TRENDING THREADS