Question I cant game while the internet is better.

sennehaest

Honorable
Jan 5, 2019
So I have devorced parrants, so I go from house to house but I always take my pc along. My internet at my father's house is 100mbps and at my mother's house its 400mbps.
The thing is, they are both on the same provider, but joining ark for example, at my dad's place it takes about 5min, at my mother's place it takes 30-45 minutes. I cant even join GTA V story mode at my mothers house, while i dont think it has to do with my network to join story mode. While youtube and netflix that sort of stuff, it just works. But its just gaming that gets blocked for some reason. We do have powerline adapters in our house. But I am connected directly to the router, so I dont think the powerline should block my gaming, right?
We have tried, resetting te router, plugging it in and out, we even switched to a CAT7 and we first had CAT 5e so thats an improvement.
But it still doesnt work. Please someone help cause I am getting sick of it.

Bit of a strange problem for sure, especially since your other access is fine. Your PC isn't the issue since it works fine at the other location. Even the isp is ruled out for the most part since both locations are using the same one.

What is ark?

sennehaest

Honorable
Jan 5, 2019
Bit of a strange problem for sure, especially since your other access is fine. Your PC isn't the issue since it works fine at the other location. Even the isp is ruled out for the most part since both locations are using the same one.

What is ark?
Ark is a game that I play alot, but it isnt only slow with ark. It lags in GTA V and the map doesnt load, all my multiplayer games or games that require a bit of internet acces.