[SOLVED] I can't get 240hz on my monitor

Feb 25, 2021
I just got a new monitor that is 240hz (https://www.amazon.com/Z-Edge-32-inch-Curved-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B08THS5LM6?th=1 ) and I'm currently using an HDMI cable and I can't get 240hz only 144hz
spec.PNG

Last edited:
Solution
I had a similar problem when I first hooked my PC into my 144hz monitor. I used the dp cable that came with the monitor but it wouldn't support the faster refresh rate. I bought a new cable and boom! It worked.

If cable is problem make sure to buy do 1.4 or hdmi 2.0b

Also...you have actually gone to the advanced display adapter settings in windows and tried to set your monitor to 240hz right?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I had a similar problem when I first hooked my PC into my 144hz monitor. I used the dp cable that came with the monitor but it wouldn't support the faster refresh rate. I bought a new cable and boom! It worked.

If cable is problem make sure to buy do 1.4 or hdmi 2.0b

Also...you have actually gone to the advanced display adapter settings in windows and tried to set your monitor to 240hz right?

Solution

alexbirdie

Respectable
Little hint:

in your sceen-shot I saw ram speed as 2133. With a 3700x you will get some performance-enhancement , if you enable DOCP in BIOS and choose the higher ram-speed ( does not have anything to do with your refresh-rate-problem).