I can't get all three monitors to work

SammyDee

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I have an Asus Z87-A motherboard and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 graphics, and my monitors are both vga cables with dvi adapters plugged into the graphics card. My new monitor came with a vga cable and an hdmi to dvi cable, so I used the hdmi dvi cable to replace one of the old monitors. I realized I should be able to use all three so I connected the old monitor to the vga in the motherboard and set iGPU Multi Monitor in the BIOS to enabled, but it still doesn't detect the monitor in the motherboard. I tried plugging the new monitor into the motherboard via a spare hdmi cable, and it showed that it was detecting something but said it couldn't detect it as a display. I'm not sure if there's a specific configuration of the different plugs I need, or if there's something else I need to enable in the BIOS perhaps? Thanks!

well, my first take is that the IGP is either Intel or AMD (you didn't provide details). That would be different drivers than the Nvidia drivers for your GPU. That's aside from all the other issues with your weird connections (which I haven't tried to fully analyze).

SammyDee

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

Ah my apologies if I'm a bit inexperienced with the finer details of hardware, I have an Intel Core i7 2600K, if that's what you mean. Sorry if that's not right, thanks for your patience!

TRENDING THREADS