[SOLVED] I can't get BIOS updater to work on MSI Z390 ?

Aug 6, 2021
Today my PC turned on and then turned off and I began troubleshooting, first check psu and that was fine and then realized when I unplugged my GPU (3090) that it was fine (Unplug I mean like take the whole thing out of the PCIE port). I googled some stuff and found out I need to update the BIOS so I tried multiple ways and it just doesnt work. When I put the bios update on the USB and go to the M-Flash it just doesnt recognize the file (And yes I changed it from FAT32 to NTFS vice versa, changed usb ports, everything I could). If someone could please help me that would be great because its been 6 hours now...

Solution
You think I could just buy a new CPU and mobo from Best Buy here and then wait for my mobo to ship in and then return the new cpu and mobo when it comes in?
well if it doesn't bother you than its fine, an i3 10100F = any cheap h410 motherboard should be more than fine, or asrock b560m pro4 if you want to spend a little bit.
Today my PC turned on and then turned off and I began troubleshooting, first check psu and that was fine and then realized when I unplugged my GPU (3090) that it was fine (Unplug I mean like take the whole thing out of the PCIE port). I googled some stuff and found out I need to update the BIOS so I tried multiple ways and it just doesnt work. When I put the bios update on the USB and go to the M-Flash it just doesnt recognize the file (And yes I changed it from FAT32 to NTFS vice versa, changed usb ports, everything I could). If someone could please help me that would be great because its been 6 hours now...
What is your full specs?

Aug 6, 2021
Just to be clear my PC works but without a GPU. The GPU works, I believe the motherboard just needs to be updated and thats where im stuck and tried everything. Just tried removing CMOS battery and still nothing. Changed CPU Clock speed to normal too.

Just to be clear my PC works but without a GPU. The GPU works, I believe the motherboard just needs to be updated and thats where im stuck and tried everything. Just tried removing CMOS battery and still nothing. Changed CPU Clock speed to normal too.
yep since its not a F sku so there is intergrated graphics. Usually the motherboard wont detect the bios because some reason, either the bios is different (sometimes like different revision so it wont detect it), or it needs to be updated step by step (if ur on an older bios, must flash bios A before flashing the latest bios).

make sure the flash drive is plugged in either on the top of the motherboard or the port next to usb c.

TRENDING THREADS