Question I can't get my computer to detect my moniters after unplugging them for cable management.

Nov 5, 2021
I decided my wires were crazy the other day and decided to finally manage the cables. My DVI port coming from the graphics card seems to be working fine on all monitors after the management but I can no longer detect anything through my HDMI and DP connections. My monitors say no signal and yes I've tried switching the monitors to whatever input I'm using. Both of those come from the motherboard I believe. Everything seems to be running fine apart from not being able to use my two other displays. I've tried turning them off, unplugging, and waiting a minute and the same thing. I updated the drivers and still nothing. I disconnected and reconnected the ram sticks and GPU and nothing. I've blown all the dust I could out and nothing. I used another HDMI cable to make sure it wasn't the cable but that didn't work either. All the connections seem good and were just as they were before so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I built this computer about a year ago without any problems. I'm totally bummed about this any help would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-core processer,
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F,
BIOS version/date: American Megatrends Inc. 3003, 12/9/2019
SMBIOS version: 3.2
Ram: (4X) G-skill 16 GB
SSD:Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500 GB, Sata SSD 1 TB
HDD: (2X) ST2000DM008-2FR102 2TB
GPU: NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 mini,
PSU: 80+ gold 750 w, AG-750 m, apex gaming
Chassis: NZXT H510
Monitor: (2X)ASUS 228 monitors, 1 ViewSonic XG402 monitor

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need you to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: include BIOS version
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please specify the GPU you're using and if you've got any adapter's between the GPU and the monitor. By management, are you referring to the cables inside or outside the chassis? How did you manage them? Cable ties with a lot of stress on the cables?

Nov 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need you to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: include BIOS version
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please specify the GPU you're using and if you've got any adapter's between the GPU and the monitor. By management, are you referring to the cables inside or outside the chassis? How did you manage them? Cable ties with a lot of stress on the cables?
OK I think I fixed the formatting but I am not sure by what you mean by specifying the GPU. Yes, I drilled a hole in my desk in order to clear up the clutter of the cables outside the chassis. I did tie them up momentarily just to separate power cables from anything else but didn't even finish the process to make sure the pc would run fine before screwing my drawers back in and calling it a day. I wouldn't say there was great tension as I haven't finished the process yet and only tied them to separate them for visual purposes.