[SOLVED] i cant get my LG TV to connect to my PC

May 26, 2020
i used my old PC on my old small LG monitor via my VGA lead for 8 years, it worked perfectly fine, and my ps4 uses the HDMI port on the TV also and that also worked perfectly fine, however if i tried plugging my HDMI cable into my PC instead of my PS4 it wouldnt work, i even bought a new HDMI lead and that wouldnt work either, so time has passed and ive build a brand new PC and still have this issue of HDMI not working from my PC to this LG TV for some reason, does anyone know the fix to this, i cant get my head round it because if i plug my PS4 in it works fine via HDMI, something tells me i need to buy a monitor.. any alternative help would be great

Last edited:
May 26, 2020
What's the exact model number of your LG TV? A lot of times for PC you have to use one specific HDMI port on the TV. If so it should specify which one in the TV manual.
LG FLATTRON M2262DP-PZ
It has RGB port which I plugged my VGA lead into from my old pc to get that to work and 1 hdmi port, which works for my brand new PS4, however just by switching it to my pc doesn’t pick my pc up, so I built myself a brand new more powerful gaming pc as I was due to build a new one, and that won’t connect via hdmi either so it must be something to do with my small tv/monitor

May 26, 2020
LG FLATTRON M2262DP-PZ
It has RGB port which I plugged my VGA lead into from my old pc to get that to work and 1 hdmi port, which works for my brand new PS4, however just by switching it to my pc doesn’t pick my pc up, so I built myself a brand new more powerful gaming pc as I was due to build a new one, and that won’t connect via hdmi either so it must be something to do with my small tv/monitor
Just for the record the old pc still works on the LG screen fine via VGA lead and the PS4 works fine also at the same time also, however just switching my pc or my new pc on using hdmi won’t work, I even tried changing the ports on my new pc... nothing

May 26, 2020
nevermind now, ive finally found some information on this, it appears that even though it seems to me strange a ps4 will connect via HDMI but not to my 2 pcs via HDMI it appears this model for some reason wont connect to a pc, i still have no clue because it will connect via VGA lead, but as it states on the forum i just found this model wont connect to a pc,

thank you anyway, but i think a new monitor is in the pipeline now

TRENDING THREADS