I can't get my monitor to connect to my new PC

MaximC

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
So I built a new computer and everything looks good because all the lights are on and all the fans are spinning. After that I bought a new 23.8 inch acer monitor and hooked it up to my pc via hdmi cable. I turned on my pc then my monitor to see this. The acer logo coming up for a few seconds then the monitor going through some cables shown on the top right of the screen. First the VGA then the IVD and finally the HDMI (the one I am using). It did stall a bit when it got to the HDMI, but all that happened after that is a box saying no signal then the monitor goes blank. I tried to pull up the BIOS while it was going through by pressing delete repeatedly but nothing changed. I checked if the monitor and the HDMI work by plugging it into my laptop and for some reason it worked. If you want to know my mother board it is a msi Z170A gaming m5, and my graphic card is a msi GeForce GTX 1070 twin frozr. If you can find the problem please reply I would be very grateful.

Solution
Try connecting your monitor directly to your motherboard and see if that works. I had the same issue a while ago and that seemed to work so I reinstalled my graphics drivers that way then rebooted and plugged into my gpu and everything was fixed

thesicksign

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Try connecting your monitor directly to your motherboard and see if that works. I had the same issue a while ago and that seemed to work so I reinstalled my graphics drivers that way then rebooted and plugged into my gpu and everything was fixed

Solution