[SOLVED] I can't get Windows to install onto my m.2. Please Help!

Sep 22, 2019
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I can't get Windows to install onto my m.2. I have a usb drive with the latest installation media, but when I boot to it, it can't find my m.2. I am running an asus Prime b350 Plus, and I have tried a variety of the utility drivers for my board, but nothing seems to work. I have tried the Shift f 10 with the series of commands. That doesn't work. I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
So I need to go into my bios, go to boot settings and change the secure boot setting from Other OS to Widows UEFI Mode? Also Where would I find the NVME drivers? I have checked my Motherboards website, but can't find them.
Secure BOOT is different thing and should be off in any case. You also have to choose UEFI instead of CSM. W10 has NVME drivers but for W7 you need to get them from drive's manufacturer's site. It has to be injected into W7 ISO before you attempt W7 installation.
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I can't get Windows to install onto my m.2. I have a usb drive with the latest installation media, but when I boot to it, it can't find my m.2. I am running an asus Prime b350 Plus, and I have tried a variety of the utility drivers for my board, but nothing seems to work. I have tried the Shift f 10 with the series of commands. That doesn't work. I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

When you boot into BIOS does it recognize the NVME drive as installed? If BIOS doesn't see it then it might not be making proper contact in the M.2 socket... so shut down, remove the drive and wipe the card edge (the tiny golden fingers) with a lint free cloth then plug it back in and screw it down.

Sep 22, 2019
When you boot into BIOS does it recognize the NVME drive as installed? If BIOS doesn't see it then it might not be making proper contact in the M.2 socket... so shut down, remove the drive and wipe the card edge (the tiny golden fingers) with a lint free cloth then plug it back in and screw it down.
It does recognize it yes.

Which Windows ? For W7 you need to install NVME drivers first, For W10 and any other windows they need to bi installed in UEFI node.

Sep 22, 2019
Which Windows ? For W7 you need to install NVME drivers first, For W10 and any other windows they need to bi installed in UEFI node.
So I need to go into my bios, go to boot settings and change the secure boot setting from Other OS to Widows UEFI Mode? Also Where would I find the NVME drivers? I have checked my Motherboards website, but can't find them.

Secure BOOT is different thing and should be off in any case. You also have to choose UEFI instead of CSM. W10 has NVME drivers but for W7 you need to get them from drive's manufacturer's site. It has to be injected into W7 ISO before you attempt W7 installation.

Solution
Sep 22, 2019
Hmmm. That's weird because I am trying to install windows 10 and it is still asking me for drivers. Do you know why that might be?

TRENDING THREADS