I cant go into the bios

Ameen Rasheed

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
I have the AMD FX-4130 Black Edition and the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3. I want to overclock but i can't get into the bios. Every time I turn the PC on it has the "press delete to enter bios thing"- but when i press it, it doesn't enter it. My keyboard would be lit up and everything so i know it's not off.

(Plz go easy on me, I'm fairly new to overclocking)

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Have you ever been into the BIOS before? The only time I've ever had this kind of issue was when I naively turned "ultra fast boot" on, which disables USB at startup. If you happen to have an old PS2 keyboard I would try that, if not then clear the CMOS. When you clear the CMOS you should get some kind of prompt on boot to either continue booting with factory settings, load BIOS, or load a saved profile on an external device. You'll want to load BIOS to change what you want. Also make sure there isn't some kind of fast boot enabled or setting that disables USB before OS boot.

Once you get everything set how you want (especially with your overclock) make sure you save the profile to an external device, like a USB drive. Be aware though if you ever update your BIOS version you have to manually set everything again so I'll also write down important things like what voltage gives you a stable overclock.

I always have old USB thumb drive that's like 256MB to save profiles on and other important drivers, like RAID drivers.

Ameen Rasheed

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015

i never went into the bios so theres no point

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014

There is a point. Clearing the CMOS will force it to go into BIOS.