[SOLVED] I can't Initialize My Hard Drive "

Solution
It's a nearly seven-year-old hard drive. By year five, the failure rate on HDDs is in the 20% per year range already (by Backblaze's data).

Hopefully you didn't pay much. Old hard drives aren't worth anything, really.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's a nearly seven-year-old hard drive. By year five, the failure rate on HDDs is in the 20% per year range already (by Backblaze's data).

Hopefully you didn't pay much. Old hard drives aren't worth anything, really.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
damn, i just spent 40 bucks for nothing. Btw, thanks for the advice

Oof, that was not a good price; you can buy a new 1 TB hard drive for around that. Given the failure rate, I wouldn't suggest paying more than $5 for a seven-year-old drive and personally, I don't think it was worth the bother for free. Think of it as a lesson learned. Getting scammed for a GPU tends to be far more expensive. Is there any recourse? Did the seller claim this was a new drive?

lolcoolpro.123

Reputable
Jan 11, 2019
Oof, that was not a good price; you can buy a new 1 TB hard drive for around that. Given the failure rate, I wouldn't suggest paying more than $5 for a seven-year-old drive and personally, I don't think it was worth the bother for free. Think of it as a lesson learned. Getting scammed for a GPU tends to be far more expensive. Is there any recourse? Did the seller claim this was a new drive?
Yes, the seller claim it's a new drive and they give me 1 year warranty, so i'll come back to the store tomorrow and claim it

Latest posts