Question i cant instal windows hd drivers

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
i have a hp probook 650 g1 with a i5 4300m and integrated hd graphics.
  • i tried a clean registry uninstall with display driver uninstaller,
  • tried to instal the latest intel hd driver from intel site,
  • tried to instal the driver from hp official website,
  • tried to install it from device manager via update,driver downloads but gets an error at installation.

if i try to install the driver from intel site or hp site , driver installs no error there, computer restarts but the driver is not seen in windows.
in device manager it shows some basic monitor stuff and a driver from 2006. cannot change resolution.
driver is seen in ''programs'' in control panel. but the laptop acts like the driver isn't installed.

i cannot change resolution from display proprieties as it's fixed on 1920x1080.

i tried with intel driver assistant tool,there it detects that there is a driver update,downloads it, instals it , restarts , and same thing ,driver is not seen in windows.
refresh rate is detected at 1hz although the maximum is 64hz. what can i do.

i suspect this issue appeared after trying to instal some drivers from the hp website , but i m not sure what driver caused this issue. maybe intel chipset driver (inf) but i m not sure. any help?

its really lagy to use the laptop this way with 1hz refresh late lol. and i dont want to reinstall windows as i did a fresh instal 2 days ago.

<edited by moderator to make it easier to read>

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
what is showing is dxdiag?

right click start
choose run...
type dxdiag and press enter

in next pop up, can you click save details
this opens file explorer, create a file and save it somewhere you can find again.
upload text file to a file sharing website and we have a look at it.

the 2006 drivers likely have a wrong date, all drivers that come with windows show a date of 2006, regardless of if its right or not. Its likely drivers running are from Intel but built into windows.