I can't install 64bit of Windows 10

Stunty253

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
First my system is x64 based.
At first I have Win8 64bit. Microsoft forced us to upgrade to Win10 32bit. I tried clean installing Win but no hope, it said my hard drive isn't compatible. (it's a samsun 850 evo wtf). Then I bought a win10 pro 64bit oem for a cheap price. After installing that, still no. My pc installed 32bit instead. However, I have chosen to install 64bit each time. Anyone know what's happening?

Solution
what are specs of PC? Most PC in last 10 years can run 64 bit, and I can't think of any hardware restrictions but I don't know everything so it might help to know what you have :)

Did you delete all the partitions on ssd each time? Only way to convert from 32 to 64bit is a fresh install, installing over top of windows won't do it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of PC? Most PC in last 10 years can run 64 bit, and I can't think of any hardware restrictions but I don't know everything so it might help to know what you have :)

Did you delete all the partitions on ssd each time? Only way to convert from 32 to 64bit is a fresh install, installing over top of windows won't do it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS