Question I can't Install the GPU driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2019
I just reinstalled the Windows 10 on my laptop, Asus Rog Strix Gl703GS, updated it to the latest version (1803) and i can not install my GPU driver (Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1060 6gb). The GPU does not appear on device manager. When i try to install it from Geforce Experience It says "Unable to download recomended driver" and if i try do install it manually it shows me the message "The Windows version is not compatible".

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sorry, but you won't get help with an illegal windows.

Which is largely what I expect is also causing your problem. Install a legitimate windows, and I can almost guarantee your problem will disappear.

That and it's against forum rules to be promoting illegal activities or software.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

I just reinstalled the Windows 10 on my laptop, Asus Rog Strix Gl703GS, updated it to the latest version (1803) and i can not install my GPU driver (Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1060 6gb). The GPU does not appear on device manager. When i try to install it from Geforce Experience It says "Unable to download recomended driver" and if i try do install it manually it shows me the message "The Windows version is not compatible".

Are you using a LAPTOP ? If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must make sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

It doesn't matter if Windows copy is Legit or not. I've installed many drivers on systems running a pirated copy of Windows. Also, make sure you select/download the correct driver VERSION, i.e. 32 bit, or 64 bit, depending on your OS build. What does it say, under the Device Manager settings, under "Display Adapters" ?

Is your LAPTOP fully updated as well, including the BIOS, firmware, and other device drivers as applicable ?? Go to the OEM's website to install all the relevant drivers. Use the DDU tool to do a clean re-install.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Last edited:
May 15, 2019
Are you using a LAPTOP ? If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must make sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

It doesn't matter if Windows copy is Legit or not. I've installed many drivers on systems running a pirated copy of Windows. Also, make sure you select/download the correct driver VERSION, i.e. 32 bit, or 64 bit, depending on your OS build. What does it say, under the Device Manager settings, under "Display Adapters" ?

Is your LAPTOP fully updated as well, including the BIOS, firmware, and other device drivers as applicable ?? Go to the OEM's website to install all the relevant drivers. Use the DDU tool to do a clean re-install.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Yes, i am using a Laptop.
Under the "Display Adapters" says "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
I am trying now what you have said.
Thank you so much and sorry if my english is bad.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It doesn't matter if Windows copy is Legit or not. I've installed many drivers on systems running a pirated copy of Windows.
As have I, equally I have also had issues with driver installs on illegal copies of windows. But I feel the fact that OP had a laptop that comes with W10 out of the box, had no issues running anything, now he's reinstalled with an illegal copy, it now doesn't work..

Depends on how you go about getting and activating it, but Microsoft are always finding ways to prevent illegal copies of windows being used. Such as blocking some updates, or the Microsoft login triggering an alert whenever they try to download apps or services. Not always, but I've had plenty of times where things haven't worked as expected on pirated copies of W10.

I don't mean to make this post sound antagonistic, and sorry if it does (especially considering I never like going against fellow metal brethren!) - but I still have little doubt that having a legitimate Windows would solve this issue.

May 15, 2019
As have I, equally I have also had issues with driver installs on illegal copies of windows. But I feel the fact that OP had a laptop that comes with W10 out of the box, had no issues running anything, now he's reinstalled with an illegal copy, it now doesn't work..

Depends on how you go about getting and activating it, but Microsoft are always finding ways to prevent illegal copies of windows being used. Such as blocking some updates, or the Microsoft login triggering an alert whenever they try to download apps or services. Not always, but I've had plenty of times where things haven't worked as expected on pirated copies of W10.

I don't mean to make this post sound antagonistic, and sorry if it does (especially considering I never like going against fellow metal brethren!) - but I still have little doubt that having a legitimate Windows would solve this issue.
The Laptop did not come with Windows out of the box. I installed it the first time the same way and worked just fine.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sorry, my mistake.

I do stand by that I believe installing a legitimate windows will resolve this.

In past experiences, I've had no issues getting drivers on pirated copies, but I've equally also had times where I couldn't get things to work correctly with a pirated windows. But that's just my experience.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Status
Not open for further replies.