[SOLVED] i cant' install win10 alongside ubuntu

Anouar7

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
Hi,
i have asus motherboard B450M-K . ryzen 3 3g
i was using dual boot ZorinOS(ubuntu) and win 10 .
my win 10 got BSOD i couldn't fix it ( ntfs file system problem ) , now i want to install
win 10 again so i deleted win 10 from zorin using Gparted and i made a bootable USB(win 10)
the problem is i can't find partition always get this msg
20201029-235912.jpg

this from gparted
20201029-235623.jpg

this when i trun on pc
20201029-235346.jpg

presse any key to boot from usb or dvd
20201029-235352.jpg

grub gnu
20201029-235436.jpg

Solution
i disabled usb 3 from bios didn't work :(

Ah, I didn't see your motherboard listed - it doesn't have 2.0 on the rear panel.
You could add the USB3.0 drivers to your USB drive (found on the ASUS page for the board) - From that error message, browse & locate the driver.... It should load in & youshould be able to continue with the install.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
i disabled usb 3 from bios didn't work :(

Ah, I didn't see your motherboard listed - it doesn't have 2.0 on the rear panel.
You could add the USB3.0 drivers to your USB drive (found on the ASUS page for the board) - From that error message, browse & locate the driver.... It should load in & youshould be able to continue with the install.

Reactions: Anouar7
Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
there is many of them can you tell me wich one pls (win10 64)
https://drivers.eu/Mainboards/ASUS/B450M-K

I would highly recommend only downloading your drivers from the motherboard manufacturers support page.

It's either be "SATA" or "USB 3.0" if they're still showing separately, but chances are good it'll all be grouped together under "chipset".

Download the .zip file, extract and put the entire folder/contents on your USB.

Reactions: Anouar7
Nov 8, 2020
Did you make the bootable media on a windows machine, or on a linux machine. Windows does NOT like it when you make the bootable installation media on something other than a windows machine, even using rufus is fine, they prefer their own application, but rufus works, as long as it wasn't made on an OS that isn't windows.

Dec 10, 2020
mindmajix.com
You can Follow Below Steps :
  1. Restart your PC and install the Windows 10 .iso to a USB using UNetbootin (same steps as in #2)
  2. Restart your PC, hammer on your boot key (mine is F12) to enter your BIOS. Select the USB from the boot list.
  3. Windows will walk you through installing itself.
If you choose to install it to the same drive as Windows 10, Ubuntu will allow you to shrink that pre-existing Windows partition and make room for the new operating system. ... You should try to allocate a minimum of 10 GB to your Ubuntu install.