[SOLVED] I can't install windows 10 restarts when i select which one i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019
I bought new mb, cpu, ram and psu and everything is working fine but i didn't reinstall windows but i want to and i did everything as i always do when istalling win10 but it keeps restarting when i select which win10 i want or when i enter my seriel key on installation. What could be the problem. What should i do.

Aug 31, 2019
Try Microsoft Media Creation tool to make a new installation kit, if you haven't so far.
I created new installation kit. When i boot to my flash drive i have the option to select language and time and keyboard then i click next then i have to enter my serial key or continue without it and what ever i do continue without it or i enter the key it restarts.

Aug 31, 2019
I created new installation kit. When i boot to my flash drive i have the option to select language and time and keyboard then i click next then i have to enter my serial key or continue without it and what ever i do continue without it or i enter the key it restarts.
I want to reinstall windows because i bought new parts and my pc restarted once and i think its the old drivers and i need to reinstall windows.

Aug 31, 2019
I fixed it guys. I tried few more times and it worked. Everything is fine now i installed gpu drivers. But how can i install all the other drivers? I used driver booster 7 and updated few drivers but idk if there's something more.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Any driver detective software would check the date/version on your installed drivers.
This is compared to whatever they can find on the internet, and presents you the wellknown list.
If you have a paid driver detective, you can also ask it to automatically update all drivers you have.

However you must use windows itself to discover any pnp hardware it can detect with the hardware manager.
Try it and look for any yellow triangles or question marks in the list. That would be hardware which windows cant find the drivers for or the hardware has problems starting up for any reason.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I fixed it guys. I tried few more times and it worked. Everything is fine now i installed gpu drivers. But how can i install all the other drivers? I used driver booster 7 and updated few drivers but idk if there's something more.

You shouldn't use Driver Booster, 3rd party driver updating software can and will suggest wrong drivers for hardware. Asus motherboards support AI Suite, it has a function that updates drivers for you. No need for anything else.

IS ram on motherboard QLV list?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

crashing during install can mean its bad ram.

Aug 31, 2019
You shouldn't use Driver Booster, 3rd party driver updating software can and will suggest wrong drivers for hardware. Asus motherboards support AI Suite, it has a function that updates drivers for you. No need for anything else.

IS ram on motherboard QLV list?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

crashing during install can mean its bad ram.
I only have one stick. Where do i get memtest and how do i use it?
Ram is on the list

Aug 31, 2019
click the word memtest in my post, its a link. You install it on a USB and boot off it
But my ram is new and i don't think it's ram. Could i be some cabling or something else. My old pc rebooted itself because my ram was close to cables and it created static or something and when i moved the cables problem went away.

Colif

Win 11 Master
just cause ram is new doesn't make it immune to problems. Something you never used before is more suspect than things you already know work.

the first thing windows does when it goes to install is creates a ram drive to put the installer package into. Since you pc wouldn't even do that step the first few times, I would look at ram first.

What are specs of PC? So far all you told us is Motherboard

Aug 31, 2019
just cause ram is new doesn't make it immune to problems. Something you never used before is more suspect than things you already know work.

the first thing windows does when it goes to install is creates a ram drive to put the installer package into. Since you pc wouldn't even do that step the first few times, I would look at ram first.

What are specs of PC? So far all you told us is Motherboard
I have another thread explaining everything. You can find it there. I reinstalled windows successfully and it was working fine yesterday and it happend today.

Status
Not open for further replies.