I Can't Login In to My Router Using Default Username and Password for my Netgear

LMHStudios

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I am in desperate need of help.:( I need to access my router in order to port forward a server. When I go to the log in screen, the default username: admin and the default password: password will not work! I use a Net-gear router and every website says to use those two words. I need help fast so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Solution

yes you will reconfigure everything. it will become as you purchased it. This is the only way to solve your problem if some one hacked your router and changed the password.

you should put your own password first thing when you use the router .. they are easy...

SNA3

Honorable

factory reset the Router and try again.

LMHStudios

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

Will factory mess up my internet and will I have to reconfigure everything or no?

SNA3

Honorable

yes you will reconfigure everything. it will become as you purchased it. This is the only way to solve your problem if some one hacked your router and changed the password.

you should put your own password first thing when you use the router .. they are easy to hack btw.

Solution

rkacton

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007

Factory reset doesn't work for me. Spectrum is of no help