I can't make any changes to my D Drive

cyan1de_

Proper
Jul 24, 2018
So basically, I uninstalled my antivirus (Norton) to replace it with Avast. After uninstalling, I couldn't install Avast properly. I thought that it was just a bug. I woke up the next day and opened up my PC, and Steam opened up with an error something like this, "Steam folder not writable". I went to the properties of the steam folder and unchecked read-only. It still didn't work. And after that, another error popped up. It said that my D Drive recycle bin is corrupted. After hours of trying to fix that, I decided to factory reset my PC. It failed to reset. So I decided to format the drive. I did and still, I couldn't make ANY changes to the drive. I couldn't make a new folder, copy paste, install or anything. I have tried to change the ownership, permissions in the properties, opening it up in safe mode, making myself admin, etc. Still it wouldn't let me make changes. Just keeps saying Administrator permission required or Destination folder access denied.

Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
Delete D: partition and recreate it.

cyan1de_

Proper
Jul 24, 2018

I did that already..

cyan1de_

Proper
Jul 24, 2018

My bad for not being able to explain properly. I was just in a state of panic.
Sorry for making you waste your precious time on my stupid little problem. I'm discussing with Microsoft support right now.
Cheers!