[SOLVED] I can't move apps from internal to SD storage.

Jan 4, 2019
For a day or two I've been trying to move apps from internal storage to SD but it won't work. I can't find a button for that and I even tried to format my SD card, but it still doesn't work. I have a Huawei Y5, does anyone know what should I do?

Solution
That means that the App cannot be moved. Most apps supplied by Android (google), the Carrier, or Manufacturer cannot be moved. Most apps you install can be, but not all of them.

As a test, install Amazon Music. You should see the Change with that one.

popatim

Titan
For android 7 at least, you go to settings, Apps. now click on an app and then click on the Storage section. You will see where the app is stored and either a Change or Move button (depends on android version). Please know that not every Apps can be moved to your SD card.

popatim

Titan
For android 8 you go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info then select the desired app such as Amazon Music.
On the App page Click the Storage section and in the 'Storage Used' field you will have a "Change" button to change the location.

Is your camera saving pics to the sd card? perhaps your card needs replacing?

popatim

Titan
That means that the App cannot be moved. Most apps supplied by Android (google), the Carrier, or Manufacturer cannot be moved. Most apps you install can be, but not all of them.

As a test, install Amazon Music. You should see the Change with that one.

Solution