Question I can't open any files on my PC

Colif

Win 11 Master
vbc = visual basic compiler.

the screen looks like it is showing the valid command options, so it could be whatever is causing this is using a command that doesn't exist

Does this happen for any file or a specific one?
wonder why its .net version 2, windows has 3.5 & 4.6 built in.

D

Deleted member 14196

Vb Stuff should never be coming up When executing windows explorer this user has been hacked..

.net 2 is installed with .net 3.5 for the record but this should not ever happen

peters43gone

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
When I try to open a file there is a black window that appears and disappears instantly instead.

If I click fast enough on the black window, here is what appears : View: https://imgur.com/rvAqp2v
(half of it is in french, sorry!)
Is this a virus? How can I fix it?
Thanks for reading me.
Looks like a ransomware infection style. Is it the same with all files on your computer? If it possible perform a virus scan .

If the AntiVirus installed on your PC does not work, you can try for online virus scan facility provided by any reputable security product.

D

Deleted member 14196

yes, they are uselesss to you at this point anyway. hope you have a proper backup of your data before they got hit

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
A factory reset uses a partition on your drive that came with the machine. Since cryptomalware (AKA ransomware) automatically encrypts all active drives on a system it has the potential to screw up the recovery partition, though often it does not since that's not typically assigned a drive letter.

A factory reset (and the "factory" part is important) is also different than a regular Windows 10 reset, too. A factory reset results in a machine just as it was when it first came out of the box, and if your OEM included a lot of useless (at least to you) bloatware that will be back as well.

A completely clean install has you wipe your own drive of all partitions manually before allowing the Windows 10 installer sourced from Microsoft to repartition it and install the cleanest (as in free of bloatware) Windows 10 you can get.

Here are my own instructions for doing a completely clean install. In your case, taking a full system image backup and separate user data backup after a cryptomalware infection would make no sense.
------------------------------------
Important Reminder 1:

If your computer has ever had a valid, licensed copy of Windows 10 installed, even if that's been later replaced by, say, Linux, you can still do a completely clean install of Windows 10 without having to acquire a new license. Windows 10 licenses are stored electronically on Microsoft servers, and are linked to your computer's motherboard. The installer will locate that existing license if you are reinstalling Windows 10.

____

Important Reminder 2:

It should go without saying, but, if you have a functioning, even poorly functioning, system that you're hoping to wipe clean to get a fresh start you should definitely do a full system image backup and a separate user data backup before following the instructions for doing a completely clean reinstallation. It also makes sense to use a utility such as Belarc Advisor to create an inventory of the software you have installed and the license keys for same so that you have a handy list when it comes time to put them on your brand new Windows 10 installation.

____

You can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool either to create bootable USB media directly, or if you want to have a copy of the ISO file, to download that and use a separate utility to create the bootable USB media. Either way will work.

These instructions are current as of July 2, 2019. They have changed little during the life of Windows 10.

Doing a completely clean (re)installation of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool (MCT):

A) To create a bootable USB drive using the MCT itself:

- MS-Word Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

- PDF Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

B) To download the Windows 10 ISO file and use Rufus to create the bootable USB

- MS-Word Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

- PDF Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File