I can't open "device manager" !how to remove the limit?

The admin has limited the access to "device manager".I click My Computer ->
Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager, then a box appear indicating that
it is limited and can not open! if I run "devmgmt.msc", the same thing
happen.

I ran "mmc" , but I could not find the "device manager" item to add in .
In normal win2k , I can find it !

What can I do to remove the limit?

Thanks!!

"weixl" <wxlfreewin@sina.com> said

> The admin has limited the access to "device manager".I click My Computer ->
> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager, then a box appear indicating that
> it is limited and can not open! if I run "devmgmt.msc", the same thing
> happen.
>
> I ran "mmc" , but I could not find the "device manager" item to add in .
> In normal win2k , I can find it !
>
> What can I do to remove the limit?

Ask your administrator. You have probably been locked out for a reason and,
depending on your employers policies, could end up being fired if you
circumvent the measures that have been put in place.

Andy.

I don't want to ask my administrator. Is it that difficult?

"Andrew Mitchell" <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ
:Xns94E0E680485FEcasey01@207.46.248.16...
> "weixl" <wxlfreewin@sina.com> said
>
> > The admin has limited the access to "device manager".I click My
Computer ->
> > Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager, then a box appear indicating
that
> > it is limited and can not open! if I run "devmgmt.msc", the same
thing
> > happen.
> >
> > I ran "mmc" , but I could not find the "device manager" item to add
in .
> > In normal win2k , I can find it !
> >
> > What can I do to remove the limit?
> >

> Ask your administrator. You have probably been locked out for a reason
and,
> depending on your employers policies, could end up being fired if you
> circumvent the measures that have been put in place.
>
> Andy.

"weixl" <wxlfreewin@sina.com> said

> I don't want to ask my administrator.

Why not? They may have a very good reason for not wanting you to have access
to the device manager. You'll never know if you don't ask.

> Is it that difficult?

No, it's not.

Andy