[SOLVED] i Can't overclock my RAM with XMP Profile

Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
My Motherboard: Asrock A320m HDV R4.0

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws V F4-3000C16S-8GVRB (8GBx2)

Bios version 4.00

when i load XMP profile (3000MHz, 1.35v) it's all ways fail and back to 2133MHz.
i tried XMP profile with 2999Mhz speed its also failed. and i also tried XMP profile with (2999Mhz, 1.35v) single RAM stick its work fine.

My hardware knowledge is limited and Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks!

Solution
Sorry about the confusion re picasso. You are correct so update Bios to ver 6.2.
I don't have your MB so you will have to enter SPD values manually in Bios. Ivé looked at your manual for DRAM Timing control but could only find Dram Voltage control. Dram timing should be somewhere in OC Tweaker section.
Your SPD values will be listed in CPUz under the SPD tab. Write down the timings and enter them in Bios.
There is no guarantee you will obtain the rated frequency and you may have to settle for a lower frequency.
The G.Skill kit F4-3000C16S-8GVRB do not appear on the Motherboard QVL and therefore have not been tested.

Also you have Bios ver 4.00. The Asrock footnote states:
ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system.
You have Pinnacle Ridge. Rather confusing.

3000MHz RAM are OC RAM so no XMP profile

Reactions: kurdtnz
Oct 1, 2020
The G.Skill kit F4-3000C16S-8GVRB do not appear on the Motherboard QVL and therefore have not been tested.

Also you have Bios ver 4.00. The Asrock footnote states:
ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system.
You have Pinnacle Ridge. Rather confusing.

3000MHz RAM are OC RAM so no XMP profile

Hi
thank you for your reply.

but AMD Ryzen 3 3200G is Picasso family right? i saw on the asrock cpu support list
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV R4.0/index.asp#CPU

is there any way to over clock at least 2933MHz ( any manual timings or something ) or any other speed higher than 2133MHz?

Sorry about the confusion re picasso. You are correct so update Bios to ver 6.2.
I don't have your MB so you will have to enter SPD values manually in Bios. Ivé looked at your manual for DRAM Timing control but could only find Dram Voltage control. Dram timing should be somewhere in OC Tweaker section.
Your SPD values will be listed in CPUz under the SPD tab. Write down the timings and enter them in Bios.
There is no guarantee you will obtain the rated frequency and you may have to settle for a lower frequency.

Reactions: Faiz Al
Solution
Oct 1, 2020

Hi,
i tried all these days with CPUz SPD values and finally today its work on 2866MHz, i don't know how many days it will be stable :)

and i check the asrock website for Bios ver 6.2, but the website shows ver 4.0 is the latest.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV R4.0/index.asp#BIOS

Thanks.

Oct 1, 2020
Here are the latest Bios updates and why I determined 6.2 was latest Bios for Asrock MB: https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS
Scroll down the page to HD320M-HD. Maybe not the same MB if V-R4.0 is a different MB
I check the above link i didn't find my motherboard model.

Overclocking was stable i think never crashed, but one time just one time blue screen error THREAD_STUCK_INTO_DEVICE_DRIVER ( i think that its a driver issue right, not the overclocking issue).

The error shows only one time otherwise its stable

Thank you for your support.

Oct 1, 2020
Test your RAM with this https://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/
Free version works just fine. Open multiple instances, 2000 megs of RAM per instance. Leave a gig or two free for Windows. Rest should be under testing. At least 100% on all instances to be sure RAM is somewhat stable. It's like 99% stable. 400% for absolute stability I think. I can't be bothered.
Hi,
memtest showing a error, Could not allocate 4095MB.
i don't have graphics card so am using iGPU and i shared 4GB of RAM for iGPU. i think that's the error

Click here to see the Error

Thanks

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Hi,
memtest showing a error, Could not allocate 4095MB.
i don't have graphics card so am using iGPU and i shared 4GB of RAM for iGPU. i think that's the error

Click here to see the Error

Thanks
I said to use 2 gbs of RAM to test. Because you can't use any higher amount than that in the free version. It gives you the error. So open more instances of the program instead.

TRENDING THREADS