Question I Can't run the same games i used to all of a sudden

May 4, 2020
Recently (Couple weeks ago), while i was playing a game both my monitors went blank and i heard some beeping sounds then both monitors turned back on and everything seemed ok. But ever since the games i used to be able to run (GTA, R6) run very poorly for about 1-2 mins then both monitors go black and the game crashes. Also if i'm playing a game i can run (like CSGO) and i try open a tab in chrome it says "error code: out of memory" on chrome. I have tried to figure out the problem on my own but i can't figure it out.
My BIOS and Task Manager both say i have 8gb of RAM installed so the RAM is supposedly being detected but it sure doesn't feel that way. Also my RAM usage seems unusually high at idle (about 40-50%) so i think it could have something to do with my RAM but I've tried alot of things to fix windows not using all my RAM but none of them worked (messing with the registry etc.) and i don't even know if that is the problem.

My PC specs are as follows:
ASUS GTX 1050ti
8GB of corsair vengeance RAM
Ryzen 3 2200G CPU
Windows 10 home
ASUS PRIME A320M-K Motherboard

8GB of RAM is just not enough. No your 40-50% RAM usage at idle in Windows is not normal. This is why you see out of memory error. When you start a game your RAM usage will go high and if it's already at 40-50% when you start the game and you try to open a browser tab you're gonna have issues like you have.

You should find what is taking all that RAM. Open Task Manager when you're at idle. Click on the Memory column to filter them from most usage to less usage and tell us what is taking all that RAM.

PSU brand and model?

May 4, 2020
The thing that is taking the most RAM is chrome (~300MB) and the second one is Antimalware Service Executable(~120M
example.PNG
B) so to me that shouldn't add up to 4000MB. My PSU is a Corsair VS550.

May 4, 2020
Also, new discovery, i was trying to launch modded minecraft today and it was taking forever so i opened task manager and saw 94% RAM usage even though ~3500 MB were being used. This makes me think not all my RAM is being used (only 4 GB)
unknown.png

This is what resource monitor says under similar if not same conditions:
unknown.png

If you add javaw and discord and msmpeng.exe and all the twitch stuff and everything else you're using 7109MB + Hardware reserved. Having 8GB of RAM and having a few programs in the background like the twitch app running and 2-3 game launcher or whatever + trying to run minecraft with mods will do that.

If you want to use less RAM you have to start closing stuff or upgrade to a 2x8GB RAM Kit.

May 4, 2020
But the problem is that i cant launch into the game, it crashes before i can whereas a couple months ago i could load in fine, same with GTA. I don't know if the problem is with the RAM.

May 4, 2020
I'll try DDU but the problem isn't java, i was launching a minecraft mod pack to try stress my RAM. The same crashes appear when trying to run any "intensive" game (GTA V, COD:MW etc.)

May 4, 2020
I don't really feel too confident taking it out because I don't have an anti-static band and I don't really know what i'm doing. Is there any other way I can just not use the GPU while it's still in?

May 4, 2020
sorry the the long reply, when i plugged the monitor into the motherboard output i couldn't use any of the shortcuts on my desktop and had to use the windows key and search the programs i wanted to use. I launched TF2 as a sort of benchmark and i saw only about ~15 fps which seemed lower than it should be to me.