Question I cant screw my graphics card in. What do i do?

Apr 27, 2019
Ive just cleaned my pc and installed a new ssd. When i put in my ssd it needed to take out the gpu and when i put it back in only half of the screw holes were showing. When i first assembled it it was like that too but when i then pressed it allitle do i could fit the screws it wouldnt boot. I took the gpu out again and put it back in then i worked. But as written over the thing doesnt match fully. Its a little short. Hope you guys can help. Have a good day

Lutfij

Titan
It's one of those moments where an image of the issue would've gone hand in hand with the explanation you've given. Might it be possible to host your image on Imgur and then link it here?

Might also add your specs for good measure and your upgrades, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Apr 27, 2019
Ill post a image in a minute
CPU: ryzen 2600x
Motherboard: x470-f
Ram: g.skill tridentz rgb 3200mhz 16gb
SSD/HDD: corsair mp300 ssd and barracuda 1tb hdd
GPU: msi gaming 1070 ti
PSU: seasonic 650w gold
Chassis: cooler master master box pro

Apr 27, 2019
That's odd, mind sharing images of the build and how you got the SSD in? Can you get the screw to tether if you flex the back of the case towards the GPU?
I can push the case closer but if in screwing it in i think it wpuld just pull in the graphics card as before. With the ssd its under a panel that you couldnt get out unless you got the gpu out

Apr 27, 2019
That's odd, mind sharing images of the build and how you got the SSD in? Can you get the screw to tether if you flex the back of the case towards the GPU?
Pls answer me dude im sittin here trippin and just screwed The screws back in and i donno if the case pulls in the graphics card now. Its my lil baby

Wolfshadw

Titan
You should be fine.

Is your SSD on of the M.2 type SSDs? If so, it should not interfere with the graphics card installation as long as this is your motherboard:

If that's not your motherboard, then you need to say exactly what model you have.

-Wolf sends

Apr 27, 2019
You should be fine.

Is your SSD on of the M.2 type SSDs? If so, it should not interfere with the graphics card installation as long as this is your motherboard:

If that's not your motherboard, then you need to say exactly what model you have.

-Wolf sends
Thats my mobo and i put it in the first slot so no problems there. The ssd isnt the problem but i think i got it now. If anything comes up ill just make another thread. Ty for help

Apr 27, 2019
You should be fine.

-Wolf sends
Im pretty sure my hdd has a virus. I dont have it plugged in rn but donno if my machine will get infected if i do. Any tips?

Wolfshadw

Titan
You could try formatting it.

Download and install the Windows Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft web site.
Get USB drive to get the Windows Install.
Disconnect your primary Drive and reconnect your secondary drive.
Connect the Windows install USB and boot up the system
The first part of the install should ask you where you want to install Windows, There should also be an option to format the install location.
Go ahead and format the drive and then cancel the install.

This should completely wipe the hard drive.

-Wolf sends

Apr 27, 2019
You could try formatting it.

Download and install the Windows Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft web site.
Get USB drive to get the Windows Install.
Disconnect your primary Drive and reconnect your secondary drive.
Connect the Windows install USB and boot up the system
The first part of the install should ask you where you want to install Windows, There should also be an option to format the install location.
Go ahead and format the drive and then cancel the install.

This should completely wipe the hard drive.

-Wolf sends
So i need to disconnect my m.2?