I can't see anything on your mobile version because of the ads

Jul 3, 2019
Look at this beautiful ad.

QBwILZh.png

and also this one

cowviyD.png

Very enticing, creative, it has a nice touch of simple graphic design fused with the perfect mobile view. Unfortunately that's not why I'm in this forum. But these ads keep popping up on mobile versions of the site. And the worst part is, there is no x button to close these ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 3, 2019
if you are more active (make more posts) then the ads will eventually stop showing. Regular users of forums shouldn't see ads.
That's great and all, but I mostly browse with my phone, if only I can be more active using my phone that would be great, but I can't, because all I see is ads.

To be honest, telling us to "be more active" instead of finding a better way to present your ads is not a good thing. You can ban me or kick me out of this place or do anything you want, we all know I'm right and most people who would see this post will probably agree. Even google AdSense would not allow that kind of ad placement, and if that is google AdSense, it's only a matter of time before they become aware of it and reprimand the creators for it. Sorry, but you are wrong, and I may be wrong too, but that doesn't take away that fact that you are still wrong.

Jul 3, 2019
you guys are just indirectly telling us to "Go <mod edit> yourself, we don't care, we earn money from ads lol".

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am currently trying to find out how many posts you need to make before those adverts you are seeing will go away. I don't profit in anyway from the ads myself so have no reason to want you to see them longer than need be.

I am not going to ban you for voicing your opinions.

Jul 3, 2019
I am currently trying to find out how many posts you need to make before those adverts you are seeing will go away. I don't profit in anyway from the ads myself so have no reason to want you to see them longer than need be.

I am not going to ban you for voicing your opinions.

Thank you very much! You are the hero we need!

I accidentally opened an incognito window on my phone when clearing tabs and loaded toms hardware and noticed these horrible ads. This was a month ago or so.

Going back to normal mode fixed it.

It is definitely dependent on your account. However, I will say, the experience is annoying to the point that you might not want to answer questions to get them to go away.

JohnDon9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
I have been informed you need to have 5 Best answers/Solved 5 questions before the adverts stop showing

So go forth and answer questions :)

Thank you, I appreciate your effort in this community!

I don't want to bore (or upset) you with questions, so my last question: Colif, how can somebody give 5 best answers/solve 5 questions... if ads are full screen and blocking access to those questions? ;)

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thank you, I appreciate your effort in this community!

I don't want to bore (or upset) you with questions, so my last question: Colif, how can somebody give 5 best answers/solve 5 questions... if ads are full screen and blocking access to those questions? ;)

I can see your point and if I had anyway to stop the ads, I would. But all I can do is bring this up as a problem and I have suggested solutions that might fix that point.