[SOLVED] I can't seem to be able to clear my bios

I have tried unplugging my pc and removing the cmos battery and with it unplugged holding the power button for 30s but. still latest bios. i tried clearing via the jumpers but still pc mobo has latest bios "well trying with jumpers i turned the power on" and it did it's normal boot to black screen and i waited 30s then i powered down". But still has latest bios YES I KNOW THERE IS NO REASON TO MESS WITH YOUR BIOS UNLESS BUGS ARE PREVIOUSLY APPEARING "PLEASE STOP TELLING ME THIS" I am awear you arn't suppose to mess with bios updates unless needed YES it was needed. my mobo doesn't play nicely with fx series cpu's without it's latest bios. however awhile ago now it started doing this odd thing when i would shut it off and unplug it for maintenance and cleaning and dust removal when i plug it back in it say and error occurred press f1 to recover bios settings,and it's every time i unplug the computer even when trying to clear cmos.
Running
Asus m5a97 le r2.0
fx 6350 black edition
radeon rx 560 4gb oc'd dual fan r2.0
kingston hyperx 16gb 1866MHz
60gb boot drive windows 10 pro 64bit
1tb game hdd
500gb backup hdd
evga 750w psu

You can not change BIOS version this way. You can only reset BIOS settings to default values.
Resetting BIOS and changing BIOS version is not the same thing.
I know this... But then again why the ** doest it say reset then makes people think they're restting to factory new, i would have labelled it defaulted... Everything defaults backs to normal values where as reset might as well be labeled next to the battery. Pull battery to rest... But even then battery pull system unplugged it wasn't resetting. I litteraly had to install orginal bios then update again to fix. Then i said ** it even though its fixed bought a new one

You can not change BIOS version this way. You can only reset BIOS settings to default values.
Not true at all, all of my asus boards "ALL" including this one and my new asus 990fx sabertooth r2.0 and asus 990fx sabertooth r3.0, and like i said this one asus m5a97 le r2.0, i pull the power cord and cmos battery then hold the power button for 30s all bios revert back to original bios i just tried with all of them after resetting my main server controlling my family's house. My original build now little brothers pc, my second build now my other little brother's, my 3rd build now my twin sister's, my 4th build still mine, and my 5th build. After resetting the server i pulled all system hdd's-ssd's and all but one ram stick recorded all there bios version's... And setting... After pulling there power cords and cmos battery and holding the power switch for 30s all bios reverted back to original i had to reupdate all bio's on each board...

Not true at all, all of my asus boards "ALL" including this one and my new asus 990fx sabertooth r2.0 and asus 990fx sabertooth r3.0, and like i said this one asus m5a97 le r2.0, i pull the power cord and cmos battery then hold the power button for 30s all bios revert back to original bios i just tried with all of them after resetting my main server controlling my family's house. My original build now little brothers pc, my second build now my other little brother's, my 3rd build now my twin sister's, my 4th build still mine, and my 5th build. After resetting the server i pulled all system hdd's-ssd's and all but one ram stick recorded all there bios version's... And setting... After pulling there power cords and cmos battery and holding the power switch for 30s all bios reverted back to original i had to reupdate all bio's on each board...

TRENDING THREADS