i cant seem to get my mechanical drive to work

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
i just built a system.
i installed windows to my ssd, and now that i have done this i cant seem to download anything like steam to it because it requires all the things that are installed on the ssd. (program files x86 and the like) i know theat those are added by windows. i am trying to figure out how to get the hard drive to work like the windows ssd.

Solution
The 3rd page into the installer asks for a location.
vfuhqa.jpg

I just selected d : and made a games and steam folder(the steam folder may be automatic. I did not continue with the install because d : is a network share).

2llye6q.jpg

If this is not helping, please get me a screen shot of your My Computer(or just Computer) Window(it will show drives and the letters they have).
When you install programs if you perform a Custom install you can normally select another location to install. This is the most common way to install programs on other drives in a system.

Can you see the drives letter and is it formatted at ready to use?

Steam also allows you to make game libraries on multiple drives if needed.

2dudnd4.jpg

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016

when i try to install steam it doesn't seem to want to let me change the location. i don't quite know how to do a custom install.

The 3rd page into the installer asks for a location.
vfuhqa.jpg

I just selected d : and made a games and steam folder(the steam folder may be automatic. I did not continue with the install because d : is a network share).

2llye6q.jpg

If this is not helping, please get me a screen shot of your My Computer(or just Computer) Window(it will show drives and the letters they have).

Solution

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016

it seems to have worked. do i just install all of my games to the same folder?

kalob21

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016

yep thanks for the help