Question I cant switch from integrated to dedicated gpu on laptop

Jul 8, 2020
My pc has 2 gpu and my second gpu (AMD Radeon 7650m) which is 1gb vram is not working and showing 0% in xbox game bar and not showing any performance chart in task manager. I downloaded gta 4 but still it doesn't work and the game lagged. I deleted it and downloaded CSGO, it works fine but i figured it is working on my integrated gpu and not the amd one.

Maybe basically the gpu is not being detected?, i tried updating it but still nothing happened.

I tried disabling my integrated gpu (intel hd 4000) but still the game (gta 4 ) didnt work.

Here are my pc specs -

HP Probook 4540s
intel core i5 - 3210m 2.5ghz base speed
4gb ram
64 bit os
integrated gpu - intel hd 4000 (32 mb vram)
dedicated gpu - AMD Radeon 7650m (1gb vram)
windows 10 pro version 1903

please help

Jul 8, 2020
My pc has dynamic power supply as told in the hp link sent by you.
I tried to click on gta 4 and make it work on the dedicated gpu through amd control catalyst.
But nothing worked...Should i try to reinstall the game ???? by a different server or pirated network???
Thanks for spending your valuable time to help me :)

D

Deleted member 14196

My pc has dynamic power supply as told in the hp link sent by you.
I tried to click on gta 4 and make it work on the dedicated gpu through amd control catalyst.
But nothing worked...Should i try to reinstall the game ???? by a different server or pirated network???
Thanks for spending your valuable time to help me :)
NEVER pirated anything. Are you sure GTA can even run on that AMD video card? Seems too weak for my thinking.

Reactions: PaarthPandey10
Jul 8, 2020
NEVER pirated anything. Are you sure GTA can even run on that AMD video card? Seems too weak for my thinking.
The minimum requirements says 256 vram required and the recommended says 512 vram
My gpu is 1gb vram, according to amd, however i dont exactly know how to find out your dedicated gpu's vram. But the games from microsoft store used to run on that amd gpu and worked fine. Right now csgo is also working on 55+ fps but i think it doesn't need 1gb gpu to run.

If your games run, they have sufficient vram.
The issue may be performance based in part on the amount.
A game needs to have most of the data in vram that it uses most of the time.
Somewhat like real ram.
If a game needs something not in vram, it needs to get it across the pcie boundary
hopefully from real ram and hopefully not from a hard drive.
Loading vram a ssd is some 40x faster than a HDD,
And, nvidia, amd and intel graphics drivers use vram differently so the amount of vram should not be used as an only specification requirement.
You may want to reload the amd graphics driver for your mobile graphics adapter.

Reactions: PaarthPandey10
Jul 8, 2020
If your games run, they have sufficient vram.
The issue may be performance based in part on the amount.
A game needs to have most of the data in vram that it uses most of the time.
Somewhat like real ram.
If a game needs something not in vram, it needs to get it across the pcie boundary
hopefully from real ram and hopefully not from a hard drive.
Loading vram a ssd is some 40x faster than a HDD,
And, nvidia, amd and intel graphics drivers use vram differently so the amount of vram should not be used as an only specification requirement.
You may want to reload the amd graphics driver for your mobile graphics adapter.
I am sorry but in "SIMPLE WORDS" what should i do??
Load gpu from hdd to sdd or load it into mobile graphics ...
It would be of great help if you would tell the direct solution.
"I would be willing to give extra details about my pc as per your needs" if any screen shot is needed you can ask me
btw thanks for spending your time and helping me :)

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
Note - I tried to play a game from Microsoft store and the gpu doesn't work in that too, game is Modern combat 5 by Gameloft.
New update - I also updated my windows 10 version to Win 10 2004