Question I can't transfer an mp4 file to phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youssef El-harty

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
I have tried to copy an mp4 file from my laptop to my phone's storage and it's not transfered i even tried different phones but still
I have tried to copy it to my sd card and it dosen't work either and there aren't any error messages and i have plenty of space on both devices

Reactions: Maurycyt

Youssef El-harty

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
More information needed:

Make and model laptop?

Make and model phone?

What transfer software are you using?

What instructions/process are you using?

Is there a physical cable involved (vs wireless or Bluetooth)?

Laptop: Hp pavilion 15-da0017nx
Phone: Honor play
I used the Original usb type c cable that comes with the phone
I didn't use any software to transfer just copying the file to the phone's storage i also tried hisuite which is huawei's transfer software but it dosen't copy either and dosen't give an error messages

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the first thing i check is to be sure the phone is set to transfer data and not just charge it.

usually when you plug the phone in you get the usb notification that it is connected and it says what type of connection it has, you can click the notification to get to the usb settings and change it. check to be sure it says file transfer and not some other option that does not allow it. that's the first thing to check and is usually the issue.

after that i look for drivers for the phone on the pone product site. sometimes the generic windows driver does not work as it should and you need a specific one.

https://www.hihonor.com/global/support/how-to/detail-troubleshooting/?resourceId=en-us00723852

this is their support page saying the same thing. but i don't see any drivers so this is likely the problem.

Youssef El-harty

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
Does the original usb type c cable work with any other applications or devices?

In other words do you know that that original cable works?

Yes the original cable works perfectly fine with charging and transferring other files, this particular file is the only one causing me problems
I even tried another USB cable and another phone but its the same problem

also sorry for forgetting about this thread

Youssef El-harty

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
the first thing i check is to be sure the phone is set to transfer data and not just charge it.

usually when you plug the phone in you get the usb notification that it is connected and it says what type of connection it has, you can click the notification to get to the usb settings and change it. check to be sure it says file transfer and not some other option that does not allow it. that's the first thing to check and is usually the issue.

after that i look for drivers for the phone on the pone product site. sometimes the generic windows driver does not work as it should and you need a specific one.

https://www.hihonor.com/global/support/how-to/detail-troubleshooting/?resourceId=en-us00723852

this is their support page saying the same thing. but i don't see any drivers so this is likely the problem.
I am 100% sure that it's on file transfer
I uninstalled the phone USB drivers and re-installed it again but the problem is still the same
also Hisuite, which is Huawei's phone manger app for pc doesn't work for some reason
https://pin.it/6djKI2S
I have HDB enabled in my phone but the software doesn't recognise that

Ralston18

Titan
Is the .mp4 file viewable on other devices?

Was the file originally .mp4 or some other format that was converted to .mp4?

Do you have another copy of that particular .mp4 file?

Are you able to obtain a new copy of the file from the original source?

Status
Not open for further replies.