[SOLVED] I can't UPDATE my BIOS

Solution
When i flashing bios ,usb must be on which format?
I was looking on MSI site and it says it should be FAT32 (right click on usb drive> properties, and see which format it is; format otherwise). Here (1) I found nice guide that might be helpful. And here (2) one linked from your specific MB. I see you tried multiple versions, but just make sure you have te right one and go for under dos mode as explained in link 2. To make it bootable, suggest using Rufus. Just select under "Boot selection" "Free DOS", and select your flash zip file.

If nothing works, maybe clear CMOS first, make sure it is clean, and then start all over.

I hope you'll fin the solution.

Noa_1_

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
try to see if it can read your USB . if it cannot your USB flash at all it might be a format issue like an NTFS which needs to be reformatted into FAT32
Hmm it really does read my USB ,because i go all way to click on that version what i want to update and its just saying that i cant,and that i must go to MSI page and all that crap...And i dont know what is NTFS nad FAT 32 :/

Jul 25, 2020
When i flashing bios ,usb must be on which format?
I was looking on MSI site and it says it should be FAT32 (right click on usb drive> properties, and see which format it is; format otherwise). Here (1) I found nice guide that might be helpful. And here (2) one linked from your specific MB. I see you tried multiple versions, but just make sure you have te right one and go for under dos mode as explained in link 2. To make it bootable, suggest using Rufus. Just select under "Boot selection" "Free DOS", and select your flash zip file.

If nothing works, maybe clear CMOS first, make sure it is clean, and then start all over.

Solution

Noa_1_

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017

Thanks ,i will try that for sure