[SOLVED] I change thermal paste on cpu and gpu and I know now was a huge mistake

Solution
Help please pc not working
I change thermal paste on cpu and gpu and I know now was a huge mistake my pc not working anymore
video here View: https://imgur.com/gallery/BU84NQq
What are your system spec's?

First thing is make sure all connections are complete and correct.

If you've a processor with internal GPU remove your discrete GPU and try starting using only the iGPU for display. If your system boots it's likely you damaged the GPU. Sorry, they're very expensive these days. Only worse with the holidays coming up.

Did you remove the CPU from it's socket? if you did you'll have to remove it again and check for bent pins on socket or CPU, depending on whether Intel or AMD.
Help please pc not working
I change thermal paste on cpu and gpu and I know now was a huge mistake my pc not working anymore
video here View: https://imgur.com/gallery/BU84NQq
What are your system spec's?

First thing is make sure all connections are complete and correct.

If you've a processor with internal GPU remove your discrete GPU and try starting using only the iGPU for display. If your system boots it's likely you damaged the GPU. Sorry, they're very expensive these days. Only worse with the holidays coming up.

Did you remove the CPU from it's socket? if you did you'll have to remove it again and check for bent pins on socket or CPU, depending on whether Intel or AMD.

Reactions: jonathanbj1977
Solution

jonathanbj1977

Prominent
Nov 18, 2021
www.futureelectronicllc.com
CMOS resets fix a LOT of the problems reported on these forums. Just not usually one like you had after a repaste.

Good to know you got it going though.
you are right now after CMOS reset (which helped me a lot because pc is working) i have this problem

my computer will only boot with 1 stick of RAM. The CPU and Ram, Fans LED lights come on
but when I put a 2nd (or all 4) sticks pc will not boot to the bios. I am able to boot to bios and use the computer as normal when only one stick is plugged in.
all 4 sticks are working fine but pc not want boot with 4 only boot with 1 well now 2
View: https://imgur.com/a/gm97rbB

you are right now after CMOS reset (which helped me a lot because pc is working) i have this problem

my computer will only boot with 1 stick of RAM. The CPU and Ram, Fans LED lights come on
but when I put a 2nd (or all 4) sticks pc will not boot to the bios. I am able to boot to bios and use the computer as normal when only one stick is plugged in.
all 4 sticks are working fine but pc not want boot with 4 only boot with 1 well now 2
View: https://imgur.com/a/gm97rbB
One memory channel seems to be affected. I'd take out the CPU and check for pin damage. Also look very carefully on the motherboard all around the CPU socket, but especially on the sides closest to memory, for motherboard damage. Look especially for bright copper gleaming through the top coat. A cut trace, perhaps if forcefully tilted the AIO waterblock a bit too much when de-mounting/mounting it, is a likely problem.

Also check along the contacts in the DIMM sockets. One disturbed contact should stand out against the others and be the cause of things not working. Carefully tuck it back in place with a long needle.

Last edited:

jonathanbj1977

Prominent
Nov 18, 2021
One memory channel seems to be affected. I'd take out the CPU and check for pin damage. Also look very carefully on the motherboard all around the CPU socket, but especially on the sides closest to memory, for motherboard damage. Look especially for bright copper gleaming through the top coat. A cut trace, perhaps if forcefully tilted the AIO waterblock a bit too much when de-mounting/mounting it, is a likely problem.

Also check along the contacts in the DIMM sockets. One disturbed contact should stand out against the others and be the cause of things not working. Carefully tuck it back in place with a long needle.
Thanks you so much I will try 😀

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
HOW did you install the pump? If you tighten down all the way, one corner at a time, it's common to see ram errors, especially if you started tightening on the right side. It's very important to just get all screws started, then use a criss-cross X pattern, just a couple of turns each, repeating until snug.

jonathanbj1977

Prominent
Nov 18, 2021
HOW did you install the pump? If you tighten down all the way, one corner at a time, it's common to see ram errors, especially if you started tightening on the right side. It's very important to just get all screws started, then use a criss-cross X pattern, just a couple of turns each, repeating until snug.

hi thanks for comment yes you are right I do that same way as 4 years ago and everything was working right (all 4 sticks) my huge mistake was removed the cpu :(