Question I changed boot orders and re-enabled legacy boot support now I black screen and Esc, F1, F2, F8, F10, and Del. Don't work.

Aug 10, 2019
I can't access BIOS or reset it on my 15-5061nr I can't access the CMOS seemingly, no documentation and I tried taking the bottom apart with no luck. I could get fine part off but it wasn't there on mine and I couldn't get the rest of the bottom off.

Reseating it might not even work according to something I read.

It says press esc for start up menu and hitting buttons makes it say something else but it appears and disappears in less than a second, back light is on, but black screen forever and nothing else.

I had encrypted my hard drive with VeraCrypt but had BIOS boot order to look for USBs first so I was tired of checking for that media and failing before booting and i went to change it back to the best of my knowledge I now realize I should've just reset my BIOS.

I had legacy boot support enabled by default and disabled it before but re-enabled it too and upon saving and rebooting I have this problem.

I did have to type in a code to verify the changes but yeah

I tried taking the battery out, holding the power button down for 15 seconds then rebooting and maybe doing more but it didn't work to reset CMO

Someone said ps2 keyboard

I may have one but I don't think my laptop would support it but also it pops up for less than a normal pint of time it seems "press esc for startup menu" and hitting it or like f10/f8 makes it say something else again for like .2 ms then it's gone and just backlit black screen forever

Also "do you have fn key? I am not sure it will help, but try fn+esc."

Yes but that didn't seem to help :/ slash I normally don't have to use fn on this laptop

Aug 10, 2019
Changing that boot to legacy most likely has bricked your Bios as this should be done before a windows install. Changing these with a current install usually causes issues. What mother board do you have? Possible dual bios?

Aug 10, 2019
I don't believe it worked

Again it says press esc blah and goes away instantly

Unless I hit esc when booting then

And it says esc pause startup or something but goes away instantly and stays black screen but backlit.

When the laptops not plugged in it won't even boot. It flashes an LED next to the plug in spot 3 times. (It's a white LED)

If I plug it in the ac adapter it turns on but I already told you what happens. This should be a Windows USB it's not booting to it to install Windows

Aug 10, 2019
stick with 1 thread, don't spam, don't bump

"I can't access BIOS or reset it on my 15-5061nr I can't access the CMOS seemingly, no documentation and I tried taking the bottom apart with no luck. I could get fine part off but it wasn't there on mine and I couldn't get the rest of the bottom off.

Reseating it might not even work according to something I read.

It says press esc for start up menu and hitting buttons makes it say something else but it appears and disappears in less than a second, back light is on, but black screen forever and nothing else.

I had encrypted my hard drive with VeraCrypt but had BIOS boot order to look for USBs first so I was tired of checking for that media and failing before booting and i went to change it back to the best of my knowledge I now realize I should've just reset my BIOS.

I had legacy boot support enabled by default and disabled it before but re-enabled it too and upon saving and rebooting I have this problem.

I did have to type in a code to verify the changes but yeah

I tried taking the battery out, holding the power button down for 15 seconds then rebooting and maybe doing more but it didn't work to reset CMO

Someone said ps2 keyboard

I may have one but I don't think my laptop would support it but also it pops up for less than a normal pint of time it seems "press esc for startup menu" and hitting it or like f10/f8 makes it say something else again for like .2 ms then it's gone and just backlit black screen forever

Also "do you have fn key? I am not sure it will help, but try fn+esc."

Yes but that didn't seem to help :/ slash I normally don't have to use fn on this laptop"