[SOLVED] I changed cooler and my temps are so high

Aug 13, 2019
Hello! A few hours ago i upgraded from a stock AMD cooler to a corsair h100i rgb platinum for the R5 2600. I installed perfectly the cooler and when i opened a temperature program it said that the temperature was about 90C i thought that the cooler was broken or smth and i installed back the stock AMD cooler. The problem is that i still have about 100C. Of course i changed thermal paste every time and i connected/ screwed everything. I read something about automatic overclock or overvolt and i think that this might be the problem but i dont know a lot about voltage and overclocking in general.

Solution
An auto OC isn't going to kick in simply by changing the cooler - and for Ryzen, it'll won't boost 'automatically' with temps at that level, so that's not it.

I would've assumed you simply hadn't connected the pump, or have a defective AIO initially..... but if you've reinstalled the stock cooler and have the same issues, the problem likely sits with the thermal paste application &/or cooler installation itself.

I'd reinstall the AIO, making sure to follow the instructions clearly..

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
An auto OC isn't going to kick in simply by changing the cooler - and for Ryzen, it'll won't boost 'automatically' with temps at that level, so that's not it.

I would've assumed you simply hadn't connected the pump, or have a defective AIO initially..... but if you've reinstalled the stock cooler and have the same issues, the problem likely sits with the thermal paste application &/or cooler installation itself.

I'd reinstall the AIO, making sure to follow the instructions clearly..

Solution

elderMat7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2018
Usually the problem is something not being plugged in correctly or not plugged in at all. Make sure that the fan is plugged in the right header for it. Though if the issue persists with both coolers you're doing something wrong. Is every other fan working in the case?