Question I changed to secure boot and now PC won't boot ?

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
So I wanted to upgrade my pc to windows 11 and I needed to change from legacy to uefi boot, I did it and it worked perfectly. Then I had to enable secure boot which is what I did. After that the pc wouldn't want to boot, it will turn on and all of my RGB and fans will as well. I'm using a gigabyte z490m and for my RGB I'm using RGB fusion which changes the bios settings for the RGB to be customized. After I saw on the internet (reddit/YouTube/google) that I have to do the cmos battery reset I just went for it, I did remove the cmos and I connected the clr_cmos pins with a screwdriver (I don't have a jumper) and after attempting to turn the pc on again, the RGB changed back to defaults which means that the bios reset worked, but the pc still can't boot into bios or windows either and won't send any signal to any of the monitors

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
tried using HDMI instead of DP cable or visa versa? could be its showing on other connection.
that can happen after a bios reset.

Did you convert the drives to GPT before swapping bios from legacy?
It's definitely not a GPU issue because when I turn on the pc I don't need to hold the power button to shut it off but I just need to click it. Also I can't connect my HDMI to my Mobo to check if it's a GPU issue cuz my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics

Edit: yes I also did the "mbr2gpt /convert" command before doing that, this gave me a different problem but I managed to fix it and kept my drives to gpt

Edit 2: I can link a video to show you exactly what's happening if it can help

Colif

Win 11 Master
just getting a black screen? that is the normal reaction to turning on secure boot on a Gigabyte board

just trying to find an answer

do you have latest bios? one fix could be use Q flash plus to flash bios to latest and it might get you past this problem
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490M-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
I know reflashing bios can fix the black screen problem.

It's definitely not a GPU issue because when I turn on the pc I don't need to hold the power button to shut it off but I just need to click it. Also I can't connect my HDMI to my Mobo to check if it's a GPU issue cuz my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics
i mean the BIOS can swap its preferred output from DP to HDMI so swapping the connector on GPU might show the bios. I didn't mean to imply it was GPU problem.

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
just getting a black screen? that is the normal reaction to turning on secure boot on a Gigabyte board

do you have latest bios? one fix could be use Q flash plus to flash bios to latest and it might get you past this problem

i mean the BIOS can swap its preferred output from DP to HDMI so swapping the connector on GPU might show the bios. I didn't mean to imply it was GPU problem.
I tried it all. Since you're also trying to find an answer after careful research and talking to an expert face to face I just probably need to get a new motherboard so basically I'll rebuilt my pc

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022

Also, how am I supposed to reflash my bios when my system literally can't boot into the bios and I have no display to see what the problem is?

Colif

Win 11 Master
your board has Q Flash Plus
Q-Flash PLUS Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
all you need installed is the power supply and it can flash bios

shame motherboard manual doesn't spell it out

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
your board has Q Flash Plus
Q-Flash PLUS Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
all you need installed is the power supply and it can flash bios

shame motherboard manual doesn't spell it out

Damn I didn't check my email, I was too late now I've taken the pc to an expert. Atleast these guys won't charge a lot so I'll not have the computer for 2 days and just lose 20 bucks. They'll probably do the same thing

(Even better thing I'm googling the problem and this exact thread comes up, if they also search it up they'll probably see this. But I doubt that they'll even bother asking for help on Google)