[SOLVED] I clicked to install Windows Pro on my laptop, but it had upgraded to Enterprise?!

Sep 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

Basically i had the Home version of windows of my laptop but i decided to upgrade, first of all instead of saying i had to buy it in the windows store it just said "Install" so i did.

It finished installing, however i go into settings and it says i'm on Windows 10 Enterprise which is really odd, i'm not small business or anything. I go further into settings and see that it says im running an un-activated version of windows but i don't even have the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right.

I go a little further and in the windows store it says im not running a genuine version of windows, it says buy an actual version here. But once i click on it it says "you can't buy this version of windows"

I'm thinking, right, Windows has basically and accidentally given me a copy of Enterprise instead of pro>??

im very puzzled

Solution
The only way that happens is if the license key is for the Enterprise edition.

And I am making no assumptions about where you got it other than not directly from Microsoft's own web store. The fault would lie with the seller of said key.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The only way that happens is if the license key is for the Enterprise edition.

And I am making no assumptions about where you got it other than not directly from Microsoft's own web store. The fault would lie with the seller of said key.

Solution