[SOLVED] I connected my PWM connector of my fan hub to my 12v rgb header

Jan 12, 2021
I connected my PWM connector that is attached to my fan hub to the 12v rgb header on my motherboard. When I turned on my case fans aren't spinning anymore and the led lights are stuck on stagnant with different colors. The computer itself is working normally and there isn't seem to be any visible damage on the motherboard. Did I fry my fans? Did I fry my rgb header? Is it just the fan hub that is broken? Are there any damage that it dealt that I should know about? Please I'm really anxious and desperately need help. Thank you in advance for help, you are a great person.

Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
Fans: Techware Orbis F1 kit (4 fans)

More info:
It's seems that the rgb header is 12v according to the mobo manual.

The fan is...
Dimensions: 1200x120x25 mm
  • Fan Blade: 9
  • Fan LEDs: 8 Inner LEDs
  • Rated Voltage/Current: 12V Fan (0.2A), 5V LED (0.3A)
  • StatrupVoltage: 5-13.8V(Fan), 5V (LED)
  • BearingType: Hydro Bearing
  • Fan Speed: 900-1500 ±10%
  • Air Flow: 56.7 CFM
  • Air Pressure: 1.15mm H20
  • Max Noise Level: 26.5 dBA

Solution
I connected my PWM connector that is attached to my fan hub to the 12v rgb header on my motherboard. When I turned on my case fans aren't spinning anymore and the led lights are stuck on stagnant with different colors. The computer itself is working normally and there isn't seem to be any visible damage on the motherboard. Did I fry my fans? Did I fry my rgb header? Is it just the fan hub that is broken? Are there any damage that it dealt that I should know about? Please I'm really anxious and desperately need help. Thank you in advance for help, you are a great person.

More info:

The fan is...

More info:

The fan is...
Dimensions: 1200x120x25 mm
  • Fan Blade: 9
  • Fan LEDs: 8 Inner LEDs
  • Rated Voltage/Current: 12V Fan (0.2A), 5V LED (0.3A)
  • StatrupVoltage: 5-13.8V(Fan), 5V (LED)
  • BearingType: Hydro Bearing
  • Fan Speed: 900-1500 ±10%
  • Air Flow: 56.7 CFM
  • Air Pressure: 1.15mm H20
  • Max Noise Level: 26.5 dBA
PWM connector is for fan's motor, not RGB lights which has separate connector, not interchangeable ! Also fan has ARGB (5v)which is not same as RGB (12v) !

Reactions: Kurt Justine
Solution

TRENDING THREADS