I constantly get BSOD with error irql_not_less_or_equal

Solution
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A78M%20Pro4+/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

you will want to install the current BIOS version for your machine and update to the current drivers.
looks like the current version is bios 2.3 dated 12/22/2015
I did would think the drivers would be in the AMD all in 1 driver ver:15.20.1065
package dated 12/24/2015

the bugcheck you got is due to the mixed matched version of USB drivers you have installed. IE the drivers you have installed are very old (2009 and 2010) and will not work exactly right with a bios from 2013.
You will not be able to get the usb drivers that matched the BIOS version so you will have update both your BIOS and The usb drivers to the current version for best results.

machine:
BIOS...

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
That is a memory access violation error. It could be hardware or software. I would start with the simple stuff, confirm all your drivers are up-to-date. Update your BIOS to the latest version. If this does not help, I would first try downloading and running memtest from a usb stick. One pass is usually sufficient to detect faulty RAM (or incompatible RAM settings in BIOS). Then, if you have a hard disk rather than an SSD you can try running chkdsk and looking for bad sectors in case your hard drive is on the way out.

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016

Made it public.I will check the RAM but the hard disk is in perfect condition i checked it several days ago.

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
So I did a memtest and after a good 40min when one of the memory sticks passed I started getting a lot of errors.I started testing each of the RAM sticks separately to see which one is the faulty but all of them passed the test without any errors.I'm confused on what to do.

Note: 3 different memory modules from 3 manufactures:
4gb Kingston 9905474-002.A00LF 1066MHz
4gb Micron 8JTF12864AZ-1G1F1 at 1066mhz
4gb Samsung M378B5673FH0-CF8 at 1066MHz

BIOS Version P1.20
BIOS Release Date 12/23/2013
Manufacturer ASRock
Product FM2A78M Pro4+
Processor Version AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
Processor Voltage 8fh - 1.5V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3900MHz
Current Speed 3900MHz

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
As Johnbl has mentioned, running all three of those memory sticks from different manufacturers is not a good idea, also it looks like they have all downclocked themselves to 1066mhz as the motherboard tries to even out the different timings.

The easiest thing to do, is remove all the RAM sticks and just install one. Then boot into Windows and run a program called CPUZ (just use the portable version). Then go into the memory tab and note down the modules SPD timings. This is the default timing the module can run at. Repeat this process for each memory module and see if you have two modules that match exactly. If you do, install both of those modules and leave the mismatched module out.
Having all three will actually slow the machine down, I have an Asrock board and if you install an uneven number of modules it will default the memory to single channel which will completely negate the benefit of the extra 4gb module. Just stick with 2x4gb modules.

Re-test with memtest. The modules should then run at the rated 1333mhz.

Then sell the module that doesn't match on ebay, save up and buy better RAM :)

sorry, I got distracted yesterday when I started to look at your memory dump. I don't think it the RAM that caused the bugcheck.
The bugcheck was caused by pool corruption, something like a driver corruption the contents of kernel memory.
this is likely to be a bug in a driver bug can be caused by the mis matched BIOS/drivers

Your BIOS is dated in 2013 but your various drivers are dated in 2010. There were various changes in standards that require your drivers to be updated to reflect the BIOS updates.

You should go to http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A78M%20Pro4+/?cat=Download
and down load the current motherboard drivers for your version of windows 7. Particularly, USB drivers and CPU chipset drivers. I would suspect the usb drivers would be the likely cause of this problem given the dates.

you should just update all of your drivers and retest to see if you can get another bugcheck.

quotemsg=17384023,0,2173827]Yeah I think buying new set of RAM but I'm still saving money.Still thanks for the advice it helped me :)[/quotemsg]

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
So I updated all the drivers, restarted the computer, did some work and started watching a video in youtube.I watched for a minute and I got the bsod again.The same error.I updated the usb drivers, too.

P.S.
I found out that I get two separate errors - drive_irql_not_less_or_equal and irql_not_less_or_equal

delete the old memory dumps and put the current ones on a server to be looked at.
confirm memtest86 works as expected on the machine.

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
And several minutes ago my PC got another BSOD but this time with a different error: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER.Here is the .dmp file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0nRi_H-1vZxUXhzSkJLcHJBZVE/view?usp=sharing

Btw, I can never be sure if the MEMORY.DMP file is actually different but I don't get any minidumps in the minidump folder.Is there a way to enable minidumps?And I don't have any other usb devices plugged in except mouse and keyboard.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A78M%20Pro4+/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

you will want to install the current BIOS version for your machine and update to the current drivers.
looks like the current version is bios 2.3 dated 12/22/2015
I did would think the drivers would be in the AMD all in 1 driver ver:15.20.1065
package dated 12/24/2015

the bugcheck you got is due to the mixed matched version of USB drivers you have installed. IE the drivers you have installed are very old (2009 and 2010) and will not work exactly right with a bios from 2013.
You will not be able to get the usb drivers that matched the BIOS version so you will have update both your BIOS and The usb drivers to the current version for best results.

machine:
BIOS Version P1.20
Manufacturer ASRock
Product FM2A78M Pro4+

Solution

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
Ok, going to update the BIOS but not sure about the usb drivers.The thing is AMD all in 1 installs only the 3.0 usb drivers and not the 2.0, so I'm not really sure what to do with the drivers.

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
After the successful installation of the update my PC doesn't post.I did a CMOS reset but it didn't help.So, I'm going to return the motherboard and get a new one.But before that I would like to know-does this mean the problem was caused by the BIOS chipset or the motherboard?

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
Five months later I'm back with a new update.So after waiting a month and a half they just replaced the motherboard.But the BSODs continue to happen.I changed my RAM but no change.I was actually reading trough the thread and you all guys saying I need to update the USB drivers without saying from where.Try searching USB drivers for this motherboard and you won't find anything.If someone can post a link to these drivers it would be helpful because I won't try to update my BIOS without trying the USB drivers first.

your memory dump shows a bugcheck inside of the WOW supbsystem it used a bad memory address (24)

system was up for 3 minutes.

are you trying to load a 32 bit driver (amdxhc.sys) ?

i would do a complete reinstall of windows 64 bit and make sure you apply the motherboard's 64 bit driver updates.

the bugcheck was in readyboost with error:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

readyboost used a USB drive as a cache for your system. it can fail with bugs in the USB subsystem. IE bugs in the BIOS usb support, bugs in the actual USB driver, or bugs in other USB drivers that might be installed on your system. Like your
usbfilter.sys Sun Feb 16 22:23:43 2014 (amd usb filter driver from the amd chipset driver)
(often BIOS and USB drivers have to be updated together, IE update BIOS)

you will want to run a malwarebytes scan and take a look at the notes below, do the updates/changes and see if you can get another bugcheck.

----------
current bios version is 2.40 dated 2/5/2016 your version is from 2013
update drivers from http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A78M%20Pro4+/?cat=Download&os=Win864
most likely the first one the amd all in one driver:

update the BIOS, your bios came out before your CPU was released.
also you want to update the system chipset to get a updated file
mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll (this file will provide microcode patches to fix known bugs in a CPU, for the case where you can not get a BIOS update)

update this file:
amdide64.sys Tue Dec 04 01:49:28 2012
file is suspect because most system should be running the SATA drive in AHcI mode rather than in ide mode
(bios setting) Google "how to convert from IDE mode to ahci" if you installed windows while IDE mode was selected in BIOS
------------
remove: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 05:45:46 2012
(potential source of corrupted memory problems)

remove: your overclock driver:
C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014

-update you motherboard audio driver
RTKVHD64.sys Fri Mar 29 06:40:06 2013
look at the motherboard vendor or try here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

machine:
BIOS Version P1.20
Manufacturer ASRock
Product FM2A78M Pro4+
Processor Version AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
Processor Voltage 8fh - 1.5V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3900MHz
Current Speed 3900MHz

update you network driver:
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
L1C63x64.sys Mon Jul 15 23:56:31 2013

Danogot516

Honorable
Jan 24, 2016
I can't find from where to download the system chipset drivers on the AsRock website.And as far as I can remember I installed windows in AHcI mode so can you give me more info on how to update that "amdide64.sys" file.I removed the overcloaking driver and the "dtsoftbus01.sys" file.