[SOLVED] I could fry an egg on my computer

Aug 3, 2021
The thing is that when i play some recent videogames the room gets so hot because of the computer it looks like its gonna explode. Then i check the temperatures and theoretically the cpu (i7 10700k) and the graphic card (rtx 3070) are not overheating. The CPU gets to 75-85ºC and the GPU to 71ºC. But when i touch the case its so hot im afraid the rest of the parts could get damaged or something.
Also, the case is a nzxt h710i and as far as i know i cant add any fans.
I dont know, just asking if i should worry or not although the temperatures of the GPU and CPU are in range.

Solution
Power use. Ignore temperatures - ok, don't actually do that, but don't focus on them too much.
The cpu and gpu could be running 15C cooler, and it would heat up your room all the same... heck, might be a little faster even.
A PC is at it's core, a space heater. Higher power use is going to warm up your room faster.
You have a cpu that can draw UPTO ~250w or more of power depending on the task, and a gpu that can draw UPTO 240w or more.[Upto, because they're not doing that all the time, but are capable of it.]

But when i touch the case its so hot im afraid the rest of the parts could get damaged or something.
I see comments like this from time to time, and wonder that this must have something to do with chassis width, because I...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Power use. Ignore temperatures - ok, don't actually do that, but don't focus on them too much.
The cpu and gpu could be running 15C cooler, and it would heat up your room all the same... heck, might be a little faster even.
A PC is at it's core, a space heater. Higher power use is going to warm up your room faster.
You have a cpu that can draw UPTO ~250w or more of power depending on the task, and a gpu that can draw UPTO 240w or more.[Upto, because they're not doing that all the time, but are capable of it.]

But when i touch the case its so hot im afraid the rest of the parts could get damaged or something.
I see comments like this from time to time, and wonder that this must have something to do with chassis width, because I never noticed this, even with my 1080Ti's original cooler, and that's not a gpu that's light on power use.
H500P Mesh is almost 20mm wider than the H710 though, so I suppose the gpu can't blast the side panel as directly with its exhaust compared to the thinner chassis.
Anyway, the reasons the side panel gets hot:
-glass insulates heat.
-gpu proximity to the glass panel. If it's close enough, the glass is just going to get heatsoaked. Don't get any crazy idea to instantly cool the glass - you'll crack/destroy it. It'll cool off naturally when you finish a session.

All in all, reported gpu temperature is good, cpu temperature is borderline ok, and power efficiency should be higher on more user's lists.

Solution
The thing is that when i play some recent videogames the room gets so hot because of the computer it looks like its gonna explode. Then i check the temperatures and theoretically the cpu (i7 10700k) and the graphic card (rtx 3070) are not overheating. The CPU gets to 75-85ºC and the GPU to 71ºC. But when i touch the case its so hot im afraid the rest of the parts could get damaged or something.
I dont know, just asking if i should worry or not although the temperatures of the GPU and CPU are in range.
Figure out some way to better vent your room.
If room temp goes down the case temp will go down and so won't the temp of the innards.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Which PSU you got? My old case used to heat up a lot before, I figured out it was the problem of the PSU.

By the way, your case got terrible airflow.