[SOLVED] I could use some help.

Aug 20, 2019
So I built a pc in early July, and all was good no errors it worked great. Fast forward and now it heats up very quickly the fan is much louder. On the motherboard LED's pop up to say something is wrong. The LED's for CPU and VGA pop up. Everything seems to be plugged in and has no bent pins.

SPECS:

Corsair 550w

500gb ssd

B450 Tomahawk AM4 motherboard

GIGABYTE Radeon video card

Phantex p400s case

Ryzen 2600

Corsar vengeance (2x8gb) rams

Thanks for any help I can get.

Thanks,

Will

Solution
Have you tried removing the CPU and GPU then putting them back in? If not, that would be the best place to start. Make sure to unplug the PC.

You could also try resetting the CMOS by unplugging the PC from mains then removing the small silver battery, holding the power button down for about 10 seconds, putting the battery back in and then plugging the PC in to see if that helps.

Next, try updating the BIOS. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and install the drivers recommended to avoid BSODs when you come back into Windows.
Aug 20, 2019
Currently cant use my desktop right now, I can get back to everyone on the temperature and specific codes, but could it have anything to do with thermal paste, I got some dirt on it when installing.

Both those temps are waaaaaaay to high and should have triggered either heavy throttling or a shutdown. The CPU should be in the high 70s at most with the stock Ryzen cooler and the GPU should be be well below 90.

I would double check that you have your fans installed correctly, make sure you have the CPU fan going to the CPU header.

107F/ 41C would not be a load temp for a CPU. What are you using to measure temperature? Try running a game in windowed mode and give us your max temps for CPU and Video card (and if you don't mind, run the app in Celcius and give us those numbers - it's what most computer geeks use, lol).

Have you tried removing the CPU and GPU then putting them back in? If not, that would be the best place to start. Make sure to unplug the PC.

You could also try resetting the CMOS by unplugging the PC from mains then removing the small silver battery, holding the power button down for about 10 seconds, putting the battery back in and then plugging the PC in to see if that helps.

Next, try updating the BIOS. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and install the drivers recommended to avoid BSODs when you come back into Windows.

Solution