i ddosed myself...

brb192

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
So i had this stupid idea, i wanted to know what will happen if i ddos myself.
I used this tool (don't know if i can say the name) that attacks your ip, now i have jitter and lag spikes every 1 min and it's been happening for 2 weeks, i changed my ip since my ISP uses dynamic ip but that didn't help, i tried to reset my windows 10 but no chance.

I contacted my ISP and they checked my internet and said it was fine.... they said they can't do anything about it and suggested to buy a new router.

i did a uotrace test and these are the results :

Pkts r/s Ping best/worst

104 / 105 6ms / 99ms
105 / 105 8ms / 98ms
105 / 105 8ms / 111ms
104 / 105 9ms / 102ms
105 / 105 40ms / 116ms
104 / 105 41ms / 137ms
105 / 105 40ms / 366ms

I know it was a stupid idea and i take full responsibility of my actions but i just want this issue to be fixed. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards.

brb192

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

udp unicorn, i don't know how to check if it's still alive, i tried resetting my router multiple times.

That tool does not do what you think it does. It runs on your machine and sends traffic to another machine. You would have to have loaded it on some machine on the internet and then attacked your ip address. Even if you did that changing the IP address would fix that.

The tool is simplistic and once you stop the tool the traffic stops. Since you appear to have rebooted both your pc and your router there can be no lasting damage. The problem has to be something else. Maybe you loaded some malware or virus software when you ran that tool if you did not get it from a reputable download site.

This is a completely stupid tool in the first place. In general most people have less upload bandwidth the download. If you attempted to attack someone you would exceed your upload bandwidth before you caused a issue for the person your were attacking. You in effect DoS yourself and not your target. Maybe someone who has google fiber with 1gbit upload rates but who is going to risk running a tool like this and chance loosing their fast internet connection. Only a fool would run a attack from their own ip address.

brb192

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

I don't think so.

i did that and the ping was 1ms most of the times, but does that eliminate the possibility of the tool being the problem ?

brb192

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

i tried disconnecting all the devices connected to my router but nothing happened.

brb192

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Everything looks good, the ping is fine but i have jitter.