i deleted files on my hard drive from a mac, but now my dell doesn't reconized the dleted files

ankor

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
I have a hard drive that i can use on both computers. Just yesterday i deleted files from my hard drive using my mac computer. Today i bring in my hard drive and set it up on my dell and it shows the files were deleted but that the memory hasn't changed. Any simple solutions for a novice ?

Solution
The OS will put the delted files in its recycle bin, thus if you delete it from one computer it will not show in the next computers recycle bin. Even more amazing is that if you delete something locally it will prompt you and then put it in recycle bin; but if you someone deletes it over a shared network drie, no prompt, no recycle bin, its deleted from the disk.

use recuva or some other undelete program.

if you have not added a bunch of files to the hard drive you should be able to scan it and get the files back.
The OS will put the delted files in its recycle bin, thus if you delete it from one computer it will not show in the next computers recycle bin. Even more amazing is that if you delete something locally it will prompt you and then put it in recycle bin; but if you someone deletes it over a shared network drie, no prompt, no recycle bin, its deleted from the disk.

use recuva or some other undelete program.

if you have not added a bunch of files to the hard drive you should be able to scan it and get the files back.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS