[SOLVED] i desperatly need help with this laptop :(

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
i just put a hard drive i found in my room into this hp probook 6440b. that laptop was used so hard so i took it apart and threw it somewhere in my room. i recently decided i wanted to revive it, but the screen is busted up on the laptop and i cant see anything on it. i got it to boot, i am using my pc's external keyboard and mouse but i cant use the external monitor, so i cant see whats going on which means i cant install windows.. what can i do?? :(

Solution
Plug it into an external monitor or tv, with vga or dvi. You said you tried vga, but never told us what happens other than it doesn't work, or if you've tried multiple displays and cords. If vga is out, buy a dvi cable. That's all you can do. Don't know what else you expect us to say, we aren't magicians that can fix your broken laptop from afar with no information. If vga and dvi don't work, sell the ram and hdd.

Remeca

Reputable
Why can't you use an external monitor or tv? It has a VGA and displayport, which should work automatically. If you don't have either of those options on your display, there's a dock available for your laptop with DVI. If none of those works, get a DP to HDMI converter.

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
Why can't you use an external monitor or tv? It has a VGA and displayport, which should work automatically. If you don't have either of those options on your display, there's a dock available for your laptop with DVI. If none of those works, get a DP to HDMI converter.
i tried to connect my monitor with a vga cable. the laptop has a dvi port but i dont have a dvi cable. and i have no idea whats going on with the screen, id like to think its the window installation thing but it could be an error of some sort. Right now, my priority is to beable to see whats happening with the screen.

Remeca

Reputable
Plug it into an external monitor or tv, with vga or dvi. You said you tried vga, but never told us what happens other than it doesn't work, or if you've tried multiple displays and cords. If vga is out, buy a dvi cable. That's all you can do. Don't know what else you expect us to say, we aren't magicians that can fix your broken laptop from afar with no information. If vga and dvi don't work, sell the ram and hdd.

Solution