Question I desperetely needed help on how to fix my computer that has many errors (freezes, jet engine, weird beeping noise, heat, etc.)

Fawaz Gerhard

Prominent
Nov 20, 2022
I DESPERATELY need help on fixing my prebuilt Alienware x51 R2 computer that has warrantee expired in 2015. Since a year of purchase, i've encountered so many problems and errors with this computer and i have brough my computer to computer technicians in my city, there's still big errors happening on my computer, idk if its because the incompetence of the technicians, my own incompetence for causing the computer to get worse, or the computer itself is just a lost cause since purchase or after technician fixes.

I have many errors and i will list them here:
  • Sometimes after turning on the computer, the computer got stuck on the pc boot screen, its not loading, to prevent this, i decided to just rarely shut down the computer, idk if i made the computer worse or not.
  • In past i've been recommended by a technician that my computer have fan or heat problems due to dust buildup, he have cleaned it even tho some still remained however it does help a little bit in solving the problem, he also recommended me to get a fans for laptop.
  • Computer also sounds like a jet engine about to either go to the sky or going nuclear, its so loud, i can hear it even from the 1st floor (my room on the second floor). So using speakers while computer sounding like a jet engine is pretty hard to listen to the speaker, also the computer only produces the jet engine sound when its booting up and playing mid or heavy games, i think. I don't know if overwatch 1 and 2, divinity original sin 2, minecraft, and other games are heavy in ram side, cpu side or just graphics side.
  • While playing video games, like divinity original sin 2 for example, my computer can reach 100C degrees, as im typing this, my computer cpu cores is around 50C, GPU is around 43C and 50C, and a Alienware 0PGRP5 motherboard around 55C and 44C degrees. The application that im using to view these temperatures is an application called "CPUID HWMonitor".
  • Screen goes black on booting up, no boot screen logo for some reason.
  • There are multiple times where my computer freezes, when i click something using a mouse, a weird beeping noise happened, idk what's causing it.
  • There are also the time where my computer tries to boot up but it failed so it got shutdown by itself then it tries to boot up again then shutdown again by itself.
  • There are also multiple bluescreens that has happened to my computer with multiple stop codes, such as:
  1. Blue screen with stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  2. Blue screen with stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed message: cldflt.sys
  3. Blue screen with stop code: VIDEO TDR FAILURE, what failed message: nvlddmkm.sys
  • Computer freezing for no reason, even while not playing a game or something, after booting up, the computer just freezes and i don't know why.
  • Computer freezing while playing a video game, happened today when i was playing a lighter game called league of legends. I also experienced freezes in other games too.
  • I have encountered this weird boot booting up logo screen that has the message of fixing C stage something, i have a picture of it.
And that's about the errors that i've remembered, there's probably more that i may have forgotten (i hope not).
Now im going to give links of pictures and videos of some of the errors of i've encountered, i will also provide the time and date when i took the picture and video (the file is also has been scanned by windows defender, if you still don't trust the file, i don't blame you, i only send the file because i needed help):

Pictures:
https://www46.zippyshare.com/v/odB8ykvN/file.html

Videos:
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/xj6ki3Fy/file.html (Freezes)
https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/vqMSpZtq/file.html (Jet engine noise created by the computer)
https://www117.zippyshare.com/v/OSixSy2i/file.html (weird beeping noise created by the computer when the computer freezes while clicking the mouse left button)

Please someone who is an expert in computer help me fix my computer, i need to fix this computer so that i can fix it then i will immediately sell it, i won't sell a broken computer since im not that low. I won't hire technicians to fix it because i don't have the money and i figured that i need to try to fix it first and if it doesn't work then maybe i will find other options.

i should get something called a "dump file", i don't know what it is but i will send it here.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0dg0xb6lg82bk9s/Windows_Dump_File_20-11-2022.rar/file

Ralston18

Titan
Start by updating your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: Make, model, wattage, age (7 years?), condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

What maintenance has been done? Has the case been opened for cleaning and re-seating cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections?

OS, all apps, utilities, drivers, etc. all up-to-date? What anti-virus is installed.

What backups have been done?

Open Reliability History and adjust the Window to show the "Weeks" view.

Then take a screen shot and post the screenshot here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

If possible and if you are comfortable doing so, power down the computer, unplug, and open the case.

Take a couple of internal photographs and post those photos as well.

No need for a dump file at this time.

100 degrees C is too much. The loudness implies fans are running at max, which in turn is probably because the computer knows it is overheated. The most obvious half of this issue is how well cooling is working, and often this might be something as simple as thermal compound no longer working (e.g., some compounds harden as they get older, which is less effective, and will even crack and become an outright failure for thermal transfer...never use a compound not rated for long life without hardening). The less obvious half of this is that if your computer is under heavy load, then it generates more heat. Even under the heaviest load it should never reach 100 degrees C though. If there is something bad going on in software though (I see the mention of anti-virus by @Ralston18, and this is part of the heat generation side if a virus is causing increased load, or if there is a bug caused by anti-virus working hard), then it contributes to the issue (games and performance testing generates such loads, but they are an intended load).

Beeping noise might be an alarm going off for any number of reasons. Maybe it is the power supply (model specs also mentioned earlier). Listening to the audio though, this sounds like an older model system which has an actual small speaker on the motherboard (or other actual speakers). It doesn't sound like one of the annoying piezoelectric transducers, which is what a lot of modern systems use on the motherboard. Back when motherboards had actual tiny speakers it was easy to use them for custom tone generators. The sound is too clean to be anything except a speaker. This could still be warning or debug or error beep, as this is what older motherboards had on them (although a running system did not always use that speaker). I would be a bit worried.

The whine sound definitely sounds like fans are just maxed out due to fighting the overheat condition. Warning beeps might also be triggered by overheat. I would be worried about this. Did any of the techs put new thermal compound on the CPU or GPU (GPU likely doesn't need it, but it would be nice to know specific component temperatures when it does this)?

The clicking actually sounds like a keyboard, but don't know. There are times when an old style hard drive head assembly moves back and forth and causes clicking, but this is too slow and too loud, so I don't think it is the hard drive. Seems like it might be coming from a speaker. You might pop the side panel off and listen and see if the beeping and/or clicking can be narrowed down to a speaker either on the motherboard or the chassis (some older chassis also include a similar small speaker which would go to header pins on the motherboard and run the same sound that the motherboard speaker would use on an older motherboard).

This is an unusual suggestion, although it is free and easy to use and might reveal something. Create a bootable memtest86+ thumb drive or CD (depending on what you have available). Boot this, and run it for about four hours. See if the fan speed runs as fast/loud, and if the beeping occurs. The importance is not so much about the memory testing (although a memory error would be interesting) as it is that memtest86+ does not run in the operating system...it is its own self-contained micro operating system which does nothing but exercise memory. You don't even have to install memtest86+, you just boot to bootable media, and when done, remove the bootable media.

Alternatively, you could get a bootable DVD or thumb drive for one of the Linux distributions. I'm not entirely fond of Ubuntu, but it is ok, and it has a live DVD available. Linux tends to tell you more about what is wrong. Just see if you can boot to the live DVD and see if anything goes wrong. You don't have to actually install anything. See if anything pops up there.

Incidentally, one reason why boot or reboot might be unreliable, aside from power supply, is if the BIOS is unstable. One reason it can become unstable is an old button battery. An older motherboard is much more likely to need this replaced (and if it needs replacing one reason to do so is to prevent corrosion). Had the small watch-type button battery on the motherboard ever been replaced?

Fawaz Gerhard

Prominent
Nov 20, 2022
Start by updating your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: Make, model, wattage, age (7 years?), condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

What maintenance has been done? Has the case been opened for cleaning and re-seating cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections?

OS, all apps, utilities, drivers, etc. all up-to-date? What anti-virus is installed.

What backups have been done?

Open Reliability History and adjust the Window to show the "Weeks" view.

Then take a screen shot and post the screenshot here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

If possible and if you are comfortable doing so, power down the computer, unplug, and open the case.

Take a couple of internal photographs and post those photos as well.

No need for a dump file at this time.
Thanks for replpying to my post thread thing, here it is the stuffs that i've looked, sorry if i miss anything, im quite beginner at this. Sorry if i responded very late, different timezones.

full system hardware specs and OS information.:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version: 10.0.19044 Build 19044
System type: x64-Based PC

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz
Socket: 1150 LGA
4 Cores and 8 Threads
Memory: DUAL channel DDR3 16 GB RAM 1600MHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
HDD: 929 GB (C drive is 242 GB while D drive is 687 GB)

PSU: Voltage 100 VAC – 240 VAC, Wattage 240 W or 330 W, also the PSU is kinda weird, its like a bigger version of those old laptop charges, its not like the PSU that is often seen with other computers that has fans on them, mine don't.

Age: I don't know the age of the computer however my prebuilt Alienware x51 R2 computer has had its warantee expired in 2015 but i've owned it for 3 years.

Condition: Since the warantee has been expired years before i've owned it, its very possible that the computer itself is used when purchased.

History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining: I mainly use this computer for playing video games on this computer however i only play ligher or mid end games. Other than video games, i use it for google chrome like youtube, movies, etc. With the occasional use of WORD or powerpoint application when i have a task.

Disk Drive : 929 GB (C drive is 242 GB while D drive is 687 GB)

"What maintenance has been done? Has the case been opened for cleaning and re-seating cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections?" There has been past maintenance by past different technicians that i've asked for help with.

OS, all apps, utilities, drivers, etc. all up-to-date? Only my gpu nvidia driver that is up to date a few days ago. As for others like utilities and apps drivers, i don't know how to update them.

What anti-virus is installed: Windows Defender

Then take a screen shot and post the screenshot here via imgur : View: https://imgur.com/a/8IZ9yVh

"If possible and if you are comfortable doing so, power down the computer, unplug, and open the case." Im sorry if i didn't upload any pictures of the internal parts of the computer because im just so afraid that i will break something.