Question I did some silly things and not sure how to fix - bluescreen loop

ldotchopz

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019
I received an Omen gaming pc from hp, i swapped out the graphics card to a new one and was presented with the blue screen Stop Code: Driver_verifier_dma_violation.

nothing from windows repair would work so i decided to clean the drive via command prompt and reinstall windows. but at the where do you want to install windows stage there is not partition to install to.

now its stuck i a bluescreen bootloop and from what i can tell from the command promp, the SSD is not being seen.

very much mucked this up so any help would be great!

Lutfij

Titan
What GPU were you with prior to the swap? Is the issue averted if you replaced the GPU as it came out of the box?

reinstall windows
What OS are you trying to install? Where did you source the installer for the OS?

ldotchopz

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019
What GPU were you with prior to the swap? Is the issue averted if you replaced the GPU as it came out of the box?

reinstall windows
What OS are you trying to install? Where did you source the installer for the OS?
It was a 3080ti originally, i swapped for a 2080ti. it started windows normally for about 2 minutes then went to blue screen. now the problem goes beyond this as i have wipes the ssd, and not sure how recover from it.

list partision in command prompt only shows the usb with windows on it

I also don't have the 3080 anymore so i can't swap back

Last edited:

ldotchopz

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019
He has wiped driver lutfi, its a little late for that :)

so you ran Diskpart Clean?

what shows if you list volumes?

can you show a photo? list disk might help too.
yes i used disk clean. as it said inthe title, i'm silly.
only the USB with windows install on it shows in the volumes. it is through this usb that i get to cammand prompt.

for some reason it wont let me upload image, asks me to contact administrator.

i checked inthe bios and the ssd is appearing in the boot menu
cmd
bios

ldotchopz

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019

ASK THE COMMUNITY