Question I disabled my inter graphics card.

Apr 23, 2023
I disabled my inter graphics card and now my pc just turned black with no signal and I don’t know how to fix it.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am sorry in that I am not really sure I am clearly understanding what you are trying to tell us.

If you have a discrete graphics card, your video cable should be plugged into it. If you are plugged into the motherboard it would be depending on the internal (integrated) graphics within your CPU.

If I understand correctly, move your video cable to the graphics card output and see if you get anything.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Monitor needs to be plugged into video output on graphics card.

Note - video outputs on graphics card are not all the same. There is one HDMI and 3 DisplayPort outputs.
Do not try forcing HDMI connector into DP socket (or DP connector into HDMI socket).
You may brake it.

displayport-vs-HDMI.jpg

Last edited:
You still have to fix your cable. You are currently NOT using your graphics card. In the picture sent of the computer, unplug the monitor cable from the top part, and plug it into the plug around the middle of the computer. This will start using your GPU.

The reason you had a black screen is because you disabled the Integrated GPU, but left your monitor plugged into it. You need to move the plug to the dedicated GPU.