[SOLVED] I do not understand the hardware requirements. My CPU whitch is about 3 years old Intel i5-

Oct 20, 2021
I do not understand their (test) , my CPU i5 7200u, 2,5 GHz, 16 GB ram, whitch is about 3y, is no approved. All els is fine. I have already used W11 in Hyper-V for test. That's on my computer. So why? Do the what me to by a new computer?

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
It's sad that some new pc's won't support windows 11. A 3 years old pc is a new pc. In my opinion they will change some of its policy during the time, just wait.
Windows 10 will be here at least until 2025.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
The Win 11 release is 2 weeks old.
Things may change.
Your existing Win 10 is supported for several years.
There is nothing special in Win 11.
Agreed, the only thing that calls my attention is the looks and the bugs :)
I've got it on my laptop just to test it, and believe me, it's not worth for now. My main pc is still with windows 10.

USAFRet

Titan
Agreed, the only thing that calls my attention is the looks and the bugs :)
I've got it on my laptop just to test it, and believe me, it's not worth for now. My main pc is still with windows 10.
I have it on one of my systems.

The looks? Trivial.
I don't know about you, but I use applications. Whatever the OS looks like is way in the background.

Bugs? Yeah, that happens with every new OS release, across all platforms.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Endre

Reputable
I’ve installed Win11 on my PC as soon as it was released officially.

•In the beginning it had a bug: Chrome would not remember my YouTube browsing history (it did remember everything else).
•The first “patch tuesday” update solved the bug.

•The right-click menu was annoying to me, needing me to do an extra click for certain options.
•So I used a registry hack to get back the old (Win10) right-click menu.

•The drag & drop into taskbar (and into pinned apps) option is gone.
•But the new Windows layouts allows me to open multiple windows, so I can still drag & drop files into an open app that way.

MY EXPERIENCE:
I am using Win11 as my daily OS, and it works very well now.
No bugs. No glitches. It’s stable.
It works just like Win10, except that it looks better!