[SOLVED] I don't have access to more "advanced" settings options.

Sevolox

Commendable
Aug 26, 2019
When trying to sort out some sound issues on my Windows 10 PC I noticed I don't have access to the same settings options as I did before. I now just get a list of my devices with the ability to disable them, when before I got a new window opening giving me options such a "Playback", "Recording" "Sounds" and "Communications".
It might just be ignorance from me but if anyone knows how to get access to the previous window it would be great.

Solution
Microsoft are slowly replacing the old menus with the new settings menus, but as above states, the 4 tabs you are looking for are in control panel/Sound (will need to set it to show icons in control panel to see sound choice). Eventually all the old ones won't be available.

You can actually access it from settings.
If you go to system/sound and then in right hand column click Sound Control panel it will show the window you are expecting

veQete4.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft are slowly replacing the old menus with the new settings menus, but as above states, the 4 tabs you are looking for are in control panel/Sound (will need to set it to show icons in control panel to see sound choice). Eventually all the old ones won't be available.

You can actually access it from settings.
If you go to system/sound and then in right hand column click Sound Control panel it will show the window you are expecting

veQete4.jpg

Last edited:
Solution